1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I do too. No two tone though. More red, less blue. Like the dual stripes on the shoulders, too.

Could incorporate the H on that helmet, as well, and still have it look good.

Even if we don't change the colors, I'd like to see us change the tones of the colors, and go with less blue overall.

macho GRANDE and mikol13 like this.
  2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

This would be awesome but I’m extremely leery of them getting fans involved. Do any of these people look like some one you’d want having any input?

[​IMG]

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

I'm one of the ones that doesn't hate the uniform and I love the logo. The only changes I would make is to thin the collar back down. When nike took over as the uniform maker for the nfl they made the collar and the shoulder stip comically wide, I'd thin the collar back down to the width it was on the reebok jersey and either remove the shoulder strip or move it to the bottom of the sleeves. Then I'd change the helmets from blue to white to really show off the logo
    [​IMG]

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. Fantasma Negro

Posted before I saw this, this would be dope as ****

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Another vote for white helmet. Red helmet is interesting but how can you have two shades of red in a uniform? Doesn’t make sense. Love the all white look like the Oilers had sometimes. I would rather not change anything else. As someone said before, the name is dumb but the uniforms are fine to me and I hate when teams change usually.

6. Two Sandwiches

I would heavily endorse this subtle change to the logo, though I'd rather have more of a redesign:

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I still want horns on the helmet instead of logo!

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

ok I signed up for a MIdjourney account if anyone wants to suggest a prompt:

this was generated with the prompt "NFL uniform with bull logo", nothing special obviously:

[​IMG]

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

The uniforms if Jack Easterby was still here

10. Two Sandwiches

I like the color scheme in the top left.

desihooper and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think @Hey Now! previously mentioned that blue and gold was an early favorite for the Texans, but then the (St. Louis) Rams beat them to it.

Hey Now! and Two Sandwiches like this.
  12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

The current uniforms are GOOD they should keep as it is. The name is the issue. I think if they change the team's name to Lone Star Rangers would be badass, but people would say is a Texas Rangers Ripp off.

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

With there being another team in the state, I don’t see why you would name your team Lone Star Rangers. That’s one of the reasons Texans is a horrible name.

macho GRANDE and kdchilds like this.
  14. Caesar

Caesar Member

I wouldn't be mad at a complete reset and going with a space themed brand. RWB color works for a NASA/Astronaut theme. Orange and black alternate like past astronaut suits or silver like Neil Armstrong era. They've even had muted brown colors that Travis Scott has made crazy popular in fashion for a retro look. Houston Apollos and Houston Explorers being my favorites. Houston Celestials. Houston Football Cosmos. Houston Voyagers.

Hey you know what else? Sine we cant buy back the Oilers brand, why not buy out and bring back the Houston Aeros as a football team.

15. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

I wonder how many people selected the luv ya blue

red5rocket and kdchilds like this.
  16. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

Do you guys think they are realistically considering a name change if enough fans ask for it?

macho GRANDE and Caesar like this.
  17. Two Sandwiches

[​IMG]

I would love this as a new logo. Of course, you could change the blue to be between the old and current.

You'd have to remove the gun, as well. Otherwise, I absolutely love the idea of having a new logo but making it an old school, retro type logo.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I’d be shocked

19. Buck Turgidson

If we had a blank side of a helmet to begin the season, what would our "buckeye" stickers (doled out for performance) look like?

MadMax likes this.
  20. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Texans star in the shape of the current logo's eye?

Buck Turgidson likes this.