1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Given that the NFL had to approve all this months ago, I would imagine the Titans have absolutely seen what the Texan will be wearing next season and revealing in April. Whatever we see in April, I imagine, would have been completely deemed completely kosher for the league and the Titans. The league has zero interest in letting teams fight amongst one another on a branding concept given the shared revenues around merchandising.

I totally agree with you…zero chance it’s that Oiler-esque…which after this season and the way that all went down, I’m COMPLETELY fine with.

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Where did you see the logo was moving to one color? I've never seen that and it wouldn't make sense.

3. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

More likely the HTOWN blue is an accent color and this is the alternate logo

4. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

No but seems like the shade of blue is the new steel blue

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Light Blue, Columbia Blue, H-Town Blue, call it whatever you want, they’re bringing the blue back and not a damn thing Amy Adams St(r)unk and Nashville can do about it! And a matter of how prominently it’s featured. (Sounds like not much.)

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

“The color has completely transcended football at this point,” Vosik said. “If you really think about it, football was just one part of that 120-year story. Many fans love the color. You can imagine all the complexity around legal and intellectual property and all those things that exist, but we may have found a way to pay a tribute to the color. We’ll leave it at that: Paying a tribute.

Vosik added the four versions of the uniform will be completely different from each other and not simply a repeat in various colors.

“We said, 'OK, if you want timeless traditional, here’s the one uniform that answers that,” he said. “If you want to take it one step further and say timeless traditional gets refreshed, we have one for that. If you said, 'Hey, I’m into this bull thing, let’s get wild.' We have one for that. and if someone said, 'Hey, I want you to pay homage to H-Town Blue,' and if the players are saying, 'I want something tough, I want something mean,' we’ve got something for that.”

Rudyc281, Rox_Mayhem and Rvo384 like this.
  6. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Please no. But what are these???

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

At academy. Seem to be prototype jerseys in between change of the uniform. Uniforms wont look like this but the steel blue is going to be darker.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

I think they are downplaying just how prominent it will be. Tons of merch is gonna be sold.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

10. MadMax

The old English font.as much as a bunch of y’all hate it..might be part of the differentiation necessary to not “create confusion” with the Titans. I really didn’t think about that before until I just saw that hat.

Rvo384 likes this.
  11. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Yep. They came up with HTOWN instead of putting Houston on it to avoid legal matters with Tennessee.

MadMax likes this.
  12. MadMax

That seems pretty clear now to me…hadn’t really given it that much thought before

Blatz, Two Sandwiches and Rvo384 like this.
  13. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Yep. Still going to be hilarious when the merch comes out and Titan fans will cry about how the Blue H on the white hat resembles an oil derrick lol

MadMax likes this.
  14. MadMax

You can count on that. And then they’ll say, “y’all are so sad for not moving on…it speaks to how bad the Texans have been that you guys still want these colors” to which I say, “**** the Titans and I hope Bud can hear my from his vantage point in Hell.”

I apologize if this was a bit too much

Joshfast and Rvo384 like this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those couldn't be more blah.

16. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

These won’t be the new jerseys just FYI.

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I sure hope the uniforms don't have that style H or H-Town on them.

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah, I realize that. They wouldn't be on racks yet.

19. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

The HTOWN ones likely will.

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member