1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

lol.

I think we all know that they will not carry 4 completely different uniforms going forward in perpetuity.

Eventually one or two of them will emerge as the favorites and they will stick with those vis-a-vis pallette swaps from home/away/alternate.

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

This is what the Texans gave out to the media last year. Quite a few in the media said they seen the colors, different designs and they looked good. They couldn’t give out other information. They couldn’t take pictures (for obvious reasons). They even gave out hats that John Granato use to wear on The Bench.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Yes, the 4 colors are White, Navy, Battle Red and the H-Town blue. New uniforms will just be a different design and usage of those 4 colors

Rudyc281 and Hey Now! like this.
  4. texans1095

texans1095 Member

It'll be just like what most other NFL team's uniform situations are.

We'll have our primary home, a primary road, and then two alternates. Most of the new uniform designs over the last 10 years have given teams a couple of alternates to work with.

I forget who it was, but someone in the Texans building described it on one of their Q&A's as one classic uniform (think trying to emulate classic designs of SF or GB), one classic with a more modern take, one new bold design that fans would really love, and then one design that the players would essentially love to go to battle in. He used different wording, but that's gist of what was said.

Rudyc281 and red5rocket like this.
  5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I think we've worn all 4 of our uniforms every year since the color rush unis were revealed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

6. DonnyMost

As I said earlier in this thread, this is not how any other NFL teams' uniforms are.

Most teams have 1 uniform that has 3 color/palette swaps (home, away, alt).

A handful of teams have 2 uniforms because they have an alternate that is completely distinct from the primary design and not just a palette swap (most of the time it's a throwback).

Nobody has 4 entirely separate uniform designs. What the Texans are doing has never been done before, I liken it to a shotgun style approach to see what sticks.

Caesar likes this.
  7. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Ok, I see what you're saying.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that each of the 4 new uniforms will be an entirely unique and separate design? I know they have talked about how each of the 4 uniforms will look, but is there a chance that it's really the same uniform with a couple different palette swaps and then one alternate uniform?

I really don't care what the approach is as long as we get some nice clean uniforms.

8. DonnyMost

Yes.

9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

........... are you conflating uniforms with colors? Like, we know the uniforms will be more than just color swaps?????

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I’m not sure they’ll be 4 different designs. That’ll be weird. Maybe 3 different designs with Home/Away being alike.

Blatz likes this.
  11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yeah. Like the home uniforms (navy/white) are, technically, different than road (white/navy) - but they're not different uniforms.

Different uniforms would suggest different *designs* - that seems....... unlikely? Like, we're talking different fonts and numbering and striping and logo usage?...

red5rocket likes this.
  12. DonnyMost

Guys, this has been covered already.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The way Hannah and others have spoken about it, it kind of does seem like they are implying different DESIGNS. If it was just different color iterations using red, navy, white, and H-Town Blue, I'm not sure you'd see words like "bold" and "daring" being used to describe some of the uniform combinations. But I also know marketing speak, and how it all tends to just be sunshine pumping gargle, so I'll hold off on any assumptions.

FWIW, I was told by a fairly reliable source that the red helmets feature prominently on the uniform that carries H-Town Blue as the primary trim, but again....this type of stuff always gets relayed incorrectly.

J.R. and Hey Now! like this.
  14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It totally contradicts the information previously credited to Hannah who said one would be similar with minor changes, a second with moderate changes and two alternative uniforms which would be very different in an attempt to please everyone.

15. DonnyMost

I believe their stated plan is:

1) traditional and classic
    2) avant garde
    3) leans into the bull theme
    4) leans into the Columbia blue

I bet you they will run with this lineup for a couple of years and then settle on one as primary with minor adjustments.

#1115 DonnyMost, Jan 25, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
  16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure how many people like the helmet with the horns but I absolutely love it and wish it was a thing. So hyped for the draft so we can see the reveal.

17. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Cal & co.seem to have done and said all the right things so far when it comes to this jersey rebrand.

It would be really awkward if it leaks early and the general consensus was disappointment/anger.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Just please don’t miss

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The jersey with Sting please

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The jersey was Stingley, and the jersey with number 23.

Rudyc281 likes this.