1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Sorry. It's 100% true. First red jersey was 2003. Liberty white didn't happen until 2006.

Now! Rather foolishly, the Texans did try the white/navy combo as default home jerseys in '02 - but they eventually regained consciousness and changed that after a few weeks. But, again, I don't think Drew was being that specific - he is very clearly meaning navy/navy/white.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Uhh, what? This was the statement:

They have worn both red and white jerseys at home over the last 22 years.

macho GRANDE and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. Hey Now!

No. They haven't. They did not wear the red jersey until 2003; they did not debut liberty white until 2006. Hit the link I included. The only home uniform they've worn *since* 2002 is navy/navy/white (setting aside the thankfully quickly abandoned white/navy thing they initially tried).

Navy/navy/white is the combo Drew is referencing as this weekend potentially being the last time they wear it at Reliant Stadium.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

They wore white tops at home on Sept 17th and wore red tops at home on November 26th. That's just this year alone.

They have not worn only navy jerseys and white pants at home since 2002. That is incorrect.

I'm guessing you are misunderstanding what that statement implies.

"They have not worn navy jerseys away from home since 2002" <--- is this what you are meaning to say?

5. Hey Now!

Dude.....
    No one is obviously saying it is their *only* home uniform - it is the *only* home uniform that has been in existence "since 2002." That is the uniform Drew's referring to - it can be no other because, in 2002, the red/white and all-white uniforms did not exist.

The uniform that is - per the Texans' writer - being retired is navy/navy/white.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. DonnyMost

OK, it's a simple language misunderstanding, that's what I thought.

houstonstime and macho GRANDE like this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

All white with white helmets would be fire! Especially with H-town blue in them some

Hey Now! likes this.
  8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

No governance, you can wear whatever uniform road or home, the only thing about uniforms, is that the home team, has to wear a contrast color, (mostly white)
    you can see the cowboys, they use white at home, but they also use white at road( because teams have a color home jersey), but also, they have a blue one, that they have used either at home and on the road.

Hey Now! and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Yeah, every team has 4 jerseys, so pretty standard

My prediction:

3 with the new red helmets from this year (Blue helmets ditched - good riddance)
    -Red Home/Primary Jersey
    -White Away/Secondary Jersey
    -Color Rush style, something new, maybe blue focused, maybe inverted version of current color rush (all reds with blue numbers/lettering)

1 with a new alternate "H" helmet
    -Very Houston specific themed jersey. Could be any color. Maybe all whites to emphasize the pop of the "Htown Blue" accent colors

* Red will be the Primary Color of the team
    * "Htown Blue" will be an accent color on all the jerseys
    * The font that some people like to b**** about will be limited to the 4th, Houston specific jersey and be like a secondary logo

I thought it was the opposite. Home team picks their uni and away team has to contrast it. But idk, just always assumed that

10. DonnyMost

I do not think 4 entirely disparate uniform designs is the standard, like, at all.

The norm is 1 uniform with 3 color swaps or 2 color swaps and 1 alternate/throwback

11. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't the home team choose which jersey to wear (white or colored)? For instance, the Texans chose to wear white at home for the humiliation of Arlington in their first ever game, forcing The Bandwagon to wear the their Bad Luck Blues.

The only thing worse than white over white is a white helmet. Choose any accents you want...it's still a bland, boring look.

Honestly, in most instances, I'd eliminate white pants altogether and wear accent colored pants with primary colored OR white jerseys.

And monochrome is terrible, too.

This is still the best look they've ever rolled out. Would kill to see the Color Rush jerseys with the red helmet/red pants/blue socks.

s-l1600.jpg

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't think people mean entirely different designs. Like someone said, the Texans CURRENTLY have 4 (Blue, white, red, color rush)

And off the top of my head
    -Broncos (Orange, White, Blue, Throwback)
    -Seahawks (Blue, White, Green, Grey, Throwbacks)
    -Chargers (White, Blue, other blue, third blue)

Pretty sure most teams have 3 colors (some have 2) of their standard jerseys, and then an alternate if they want. With teams being allowed to have an alternate helmet now, some have used that has an opportunity to use a "throwback" design. Texans don't really have that option, thats why I think they go with the "H" alternate.

I think there will be 3 colors of a typical jersey design, and 1 very different alternate.

13. DonnyMost

Most teams have one uniform that has a home color palette, an away color palette, and then an alternate (usually uses a secondary or tertiary color as primary). A few teams have two uniforms because they do throwbacks.

Examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Texans (IIRC it was Hannah) are on record stating that all 4 designs will be different, not just home/away color swaps. This is absolutely not the norm in the NFL.

I think they're going to have one uniform that is avante garde (seattle, atlanta, etc), one that is classic/traditional (green bay, san fran, etc), one that is for the Oiler crowd, and one that is anybody's guess (probably that olde english crap or something lulz).

#893 DonnyMost, Jan 3, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    Two Sandwiches likes this.
  14. SuraGotMadHops

I think some of these folks tweeting the information are using uniforms and palette swaps interchangeably. I sincerely doubt they will unveil four completely different uniform designs.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  15. DonnyMost

I sincerely hope they don't go with a scattershot approach, either. Although it would definitely increase the odds of getting at least one version of something that isn't dogshit.

I don't envy their position. It's a very crowded arena they're trying to maneuver in.

16. Mattician

Mattician Member

Are the Texans replacing their current home and away uniforms as part of the 4 new uniforms?

Or is it 4 new ones for special occasions but keeping the current home and away?

17. Dredd

Dredd Member

Be prepared to see a lot of this.

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. DonnyMost

The current uniform is going away altogether.

What will replace it, one or many, we don't know. This is all still in the hopper.

19. Messiah11

Messiah11 Member

Anyone else disappointed they're not changing the logo?

ths balla, rhino17 and kdchilds like this.
  20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The logo is the best thing about the branding of this team.

I'm leaning heavily towards them going with the red helmets, with red and HTown blue accented jerseys, and white and HTown blue striped pants as the home look. I can then see them going with all white jerseys and pants with either red helmets, or white helmets as the alternate on the road.

Rudyc281 likes this.