1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Buck Turgidson

Not sure if it's my tv, or peacock, or what, but the KC unis/helmets are trying to burn out my retinas they're so bright

Caesar likes this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'll wait for @DonnyMost 's opinion.

DonnyMost and Buck Turgidson like this.
  3. Caesar

Caesar Member

Real McDonald's colors. The og Rockets were a deeper red and deeper yellow. Especially noticeable on San Diego Rockets or 70s Rockets uniforms. Clearly gold. Desert gold and Rocket red. Not Ketchup and mustard. I always felt a modernized version of that could be a niners red and gold look and Cleveland did that for lebrons early years and I loved that look. They even had the blue and gold alts and we could do blue red and gold alts ourselves on top of the classic retro. Hard to imagine our classic colors having anything to do with a space theme as much as I miss them.

As far as The "H" Texans goes...I agree with Donny the Most. The dark blue and deep red needs a thick pure white highlight to separate the red and blue otherwise it looks bland. I love the battle red helmets, just not with our red jerseys, at least not with white numbers and letters. Ive been pushing for the practice jersey look with battle red helmets for a while and those white with solid red numbers and blue with solid white simple jerseys work perfectly. Just add steel blue shoulder stripes to white home and red shoulder stripe to away blue. Tiny colored accents here and there.

Doesn't matter. Seems were officially doing a luv ya blue rebrand from logo to uniforms.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Remember the early 90s all star uniforms? They had thst gradient star in the middle. Those shades of reds and blues with white were perfect. Some of my favorite jerseys ever and while I hate all things Utah, those jerseys on that 92 All star court in Utah was incredibly aesthetic. They had a powder blue and purple color theme on the court.

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I actually like that combo

My whole thing is they absolutely have to nail the design of the uniforms

7. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

You own a peacock, that's awesome. I want an otter but wife wont let me. Said he/she won't match the color scheme of the house. Maybe @DonnyMost can work more neutrals in on our walls. Maybe a taupe or cinereous??

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

"One of" so basically just an alternate to use once or twice a season? What about the primary home and away and logo? Ive been under the impression were doing a full rebrand. Why else get all that customer feedback about style and colors etc? For a simple alternate uni?

ROCKSS, kdchilds and Two Sandwiches like this.
  10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

They already said, I heard in the official texans podcast, they are going to reveal 4 diferent uniforms, in april, so I think one red, one white, one dark blue and one htown blue(light blue?)

Caesar likes this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Can Texans use these colors??

red5rocket likes this.
  12. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Yep so I thing the Htown blue might be a part of the logo

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

4 unis? Oh McNairs trying to make some money

Going for a Stroud (liberty white) Tank (battle red) and Pitre (steel blue) before they change

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I've never actually noticed it before but.... Tennessee's uniforms don't have any red in them. Their logo does (and the Nike log is red) - but unless I'm missing it, their uniforms are exclusively those two blues + gray.

So utilizing those two blues - but making red more prominent (if not primary) may be the way they're going as a means of folding in the light blue without it looking like Titan retretads?

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Perhaps.

The red is on the Titans official color schema, but it's basically for incidentals (like logos, trademarks, etc). I think it is basically a holdover from the Oiler days at this point, plus it's a nod to the Tennessee state flag I guess. It's a lot like the yellow used by the Ravens, it's officially a color of theirs (and also a hat tip to the state flag perhaps), but only to fill in gaps.

I don't know how you go full on red with prominent Columbia blue and not have it look horrendous.

upload_2023-10-3_12-25-31.png
    upload_2023-10-3_12-25-44.png

You could maybe pull it off if you kept the blue as only a very sparse inclusion for highlights/accents, but generally speaking it's gonna be pretty two very loud colors fighting with each other. IMO you have to commit to either red or light blue and go with it. Trying to go with both would be a disaster.

#755 DonnyMost, Oct 3, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. conquistador#11

The helmets are too shiny. They look like my Texans Christmas ornament.

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I think its viable. These work:
    [​IMG]

I think the key is navy and scarlet primary with Columbia being the accent.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

gonna have to agree to disagree there lol

I think this is a viable alternative... more of a crimson/garnett but works better IMO

upload_2023-10-3_13-20-57.jpeg

19. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I wish someone could do a mock up of the Astros Tequila Sunrise uniforms as the Texans uni's just so I could see what in the ever loving god that would look like.

20. Buck Turgidson

I need yall's opinions on the Toronto Blue Jay's unis today. Stat.