1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. primtim24

primtim24 Member

I feel like when we begged Bud Adams to leave, and didn't negotiate that he leave the Oilers history here, we gave up the right to that baby blue with it. Let it go Texans Fans.... let's start our own trajectory/history. They seem to really like the Old English "H" and the red, and I'm good with the red. Lean into it.... Because if we go with that baby blue, it makes it look like we want to be like the Titans/Oilers, when in actuality, we'll just look like cheap knock-offs.

kdchilds, houstonstime and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Member

Ok so no albums. You don’t watch the Astros. You don’t watch the Texans. Not sure if you’re aware, but you can come out of the bunker.

Rock Block and houstonstime like this.
  3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Dude, I kid you not, when I read his post, I saw “since Jim Croce” and the first thought I had was: “same guy who hasn’t watched nfl but has to tell us he doesnt” lol such an odd clarifications he likes to make.

Rock Block and MadMax like this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Member

Go Texans!!

5. gucci888

gucci888 Member

Columbia blue will always be more associated with Houston as a city than either of the current franchises IMO. If done right, I could see it being a nice ode to the city rather than a knock-off. I actually wonder if Titan fans really give a crap about it too. They literally couldn’t have cared less about the Oilers when they first moved. To me, it’s like the San Diego throwbacks we wore this year. Sure it was a nice change up but nothing more than that.

As for as the Old English H, I just do see how it relates to the city or franchise at all. Seems like a generic font that Cal likes for some reason.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

I'm still holding out hope that they are going to resurrect the original design scheme from waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the pre-Texans days: navy + scarlet + bronze/gold. And that they will let Columbia blue go because nostalgia is a drug, and people have flat forgotten the Oilers were - for the vast majority of their existence - a terrible franchise and in anyway incorporating it back into this team is a mistake.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  7. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Every time someone buys one of those the Titans get the cash, and an angel in heaven dies.

B-Bob and Champs like this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

I just don't see this working cohesively. It feels too busy and kinda minor league IMO.

[​IMG]

Also, Columbia blue is in the same category as the technicolor Astros unis IMO.

The teams were largely meh, but it's not about hand-waving that or any problems with ownership away.

The reason people love it is because, as an aesthetic/brand, it's a stark and powerful identity that is uniquely associated with Houston sports.

MadMax, Hey Now!, rfrocket and 2 others like this.
  9. primtim24

primtim24 Member

And that to me is the worst part about it. We don't own it, and the Titans don't care about it in the slightest, other than the fact that it ticks off Texans fans.... we need to let it go, and lean into the HEB red...Lol.

I also do agree with the other part about the old English H. It definitely looks random and unnecessary.

gucci888 and Red.Glare like this.
  10. itzIce

itzIce Member

11. Dredd

Dredd Member

12. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

No amount of weathering will make the Texans logo look edgy. Something about it just screams "corporate" to me.

kdchilds likes this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Lol. Are the Texans an 80s hair band going on tour?

crose, Shroopy2, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

The Olde English is hideous. It looks like something you'd see on the back window of a shitty modded 1990 Chevy pickup truck next to a Calvin pissing sticker and a monster energy drink logo.

As for the Titans. **** em. Make them uncomfortable and annoyed. Make THEM want to change. #takebacktheblue.

15. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

lol that's so accurate.
    At $70 they can forget about it. At least it gave us a look at the potential upcoming name font in it's full glory.

16. Buck Turgidson

These are, uh, really not good.

BMoney, B-Bob and Two Sandwiches like this.
  17. conquistador#11

My primo Lil' puppet is going to like this shirt!

(They keep putting that old English on everything. They're telling us what they're going to do and it sucks.)

Shroopy2, Dredd, Blatz and 3 others like this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

More like a lowered Chevy with corvette lights in a roll pan with tires sticking out 8” past the fender wells. For sure part of a truck club

B-Bob likes this.
  19. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

PLEASE tell me this is a joke!
    That's not our new font is it?

I HATE IT!!!
    Did they hire the same lady that did the Rockets' bloody R logo to choose that font?

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

JK here's the new font

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.