1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unfair Treatment by Houston Rockets Ticket Reps

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by s2kboy16, Mar 24, 2011.

1. biggiebody

biggiebody Member

First come first sever to me means you will be served first and that you are guaranteed an upgrade if you come when they still have seats left, not that you will get better upgrades than person X who comes later.
    I understand why you are upset if you took first come first serve means you get a better upgrade than person X, but for me I wouldn't be mad at all since I have a different understanding of that phrase.

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Of course. My post was made before your last post. My lack of time travel abilities betrayed me/ :)

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Ah but CH I thought you were limitless. You must have forgotten to take your pill this morning. :)

5. s2kboy16

s2kboy16 Member

I dont understand why you still think I was misunderstood when the manager came out and said that the reps were not handling the situation properly. And I was assuming correctly.

I even took the opportunity to go and apologize to the rep that I was not so polite to during the Play Day tonight. Even he came out and said that what was done is not right and that he would have been pissed off if he was in my situation as well.

6. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Nothing in life is completely equitable. There are always factors that favor one objective over the other.

I have been a season ticket holder since the Toyota Center opened. Based on my experience, the Rockets staff does a great job. The renewal perks are unreal. Think about it. They really do not have to do anything. I have used the upgrade coupons and each of 4 times, I have been in the folding chairs on the floor. My rep has helped me out numerous times and overall has been just fantastic. My phone calls are always returned and handled efficiently and professionally.

But the fact remains that not everything will always be the same for everyone. I know season ticket holders whose reps, constantly upgrade them during games. This has never happened to me. I also know that some reps will save Bobbleheads, etc. for their customers. My rep said, he couldnt do it for me.

Regardless, I feel that it all evens out. The Rockets do a great job. They really are committed and care about their fan base. I certainly appreciate it. Heck, this year, after I renewed, I got some extra tickets right next to my seat comped, double renewal points(with some cool rewards), and some other small perks. To top it all off, my tickets went DOWN in price. I am in 114, Row 28. This year they were $44, next year they are $37. That is not a nominal drop. As an organization, the Rockets are surely one of the elite. They will always have my support, and I will always buy season tickets as long as I can afford them.

7. Thinhallen

Thinhallen Member

All the naysayers on this thread are idiots. You did the right thing by coming here and getting it off your chest so you could see if anyone else experienced the same. The Ticket Reps were doing something they shouldn't have been doing and I'm super glad you caught it. I hope to one day also be a season ticket holder and although it saddens me that certain things aren't handled well, I'm really happy to hear that the management attempts to rectify the situation right away and treat the customers with the respect they are owed.

8. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I'm not a season ticket holder but I've had nothing but good interactions with the staff, once one of the ushers gave us those silestone tickets or whatever they are and another time we bought 8 tickets at the top of the lower bowl behind the basket and they upgraded us to the row in front of the rowdies and gave us an extra ticket and I finally got to stand up the whole game cz only in front of the rowdies can you do this without getting asked to sit down the whole game, love the rowdy section

9. blink52y

blink52y Member

old man rock - sales rep????

s2kboy16 - you handled it great. Props to you. The only way an organization can get better is when they know they messed up. They'll fix the problem and make it better for everyone.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

No, the reason your ticket prices went down was that not enough people show up to game. You don't even hear about them on the local sports talk shows. I think corners aren't too bad, but the sidelines are most of the times half empty. I haven't dealt with the reps as one of my friends bought the tickets, but the times he called them they haven't been too responsive. I guess it just depends on the rep.

11. gatsby

gatsby Member

No, I unfortunately live in Austin and can't make it to games. I stay on this board religiously and watch every game I can streaming. But if you are actually at a Rockets game, in the Toyota Center or whatever visiting arena, and you leave before the game starts, WTH.

12. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I know the reason for the drop in price. I was just not clear in my post. The point I was trying to make was that my overall experience has been great regardless of a few things not being equal. The Rockets didn't drop prices when we were in the playoffs.

13. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

hey...i've been a season ticket holder for 7 years now...and I'm sure what you are saying is true..I have had bad experiiences with my ticket rep and actually switched reps becuase I just was not gettting the same treatment other season ticket holders were getting....my suggestin would be to talk to the director of ticket sales.....I think its gretchen cher...the spelling might be off but she is awsome...she took care of my issues that I had earlier this year and i'm sure she will make it right for you.....Hope that helps...

14. esteban

esteban Member

In this economy ,there are people still handing out their hard earned cash and got treated badly in the process?:confused::