1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unfair Treatment by Houston Rockets Ticket Reps

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by s2kboy16, Mar 24, 2011.

1. killakim

killakim Member

First come, first served means that supply is limited, and they are not holding them for anyone, so there is a possibility they might run out. People don't get to iPad 2 lines really early to "get the best ipads," they do it to make sure they don't run out. They explained to you how the tickets were randomly sorted, and the other season ticket holder's story confirms this. "They just pulled 2 tickets out randomly."

Also, as for the whole "there were two stacks" thing, never make any assumptions. Like the second poster alluded to, it could have been one stack for regular uprgrades and another stack for "make ups" aka people who have had some kind of problem and were given seats as some kind repayment.

Lastly, if you want a floor seat just charm the rep a little. That's how humans work. If you don't ask for something, how will they know to give it to you? If you want lower bowl seats mention it somehow, low key.

2. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

There are UPGRADE COUPONS???? :mad: 8 year season ticket holder and I had no knowledge...! jk... i'm fine with it.. though.. it would be nice to sit courtside sometime.

And... you aren't the "bonus" points that you get when you renew? or??

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

If I see my ticket rep at the table, it's all good.

If I see Richard, I avoid it like the plague. Simple as that.

And is anyone going to playday today?

4. s2kboy16

s2kboy16 Member

Finally got a hold of the sales team manager.

First off: First come first serve did in fact mean that the people who show up first should have received the best tickets they currently had available regardless of where your original seats are.

He apologized that this was going on and said it was going to be discussed in their team meeting and rectified so this did not happen again.

He offered me upgrades to use for the remaining games of the season and assured me that the same situation would not happen again.

Regardless of getting upgrades or not...I'm very happy that the manager acknowledged that the reps were in fact in the wrong and assured me that the problem would be rectified.

5. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

^
    Very niiice.

6. killakim

killakim Member

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Good to hear. Seems some of the staff giving out upgrades were running their own little racket thinking that no one would notice. If I were the Rockets, I would be very thankful that you pointed this out to them.

8. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I'll be at the playday, would be cool to meet up with some other ClutchFans members.

Pugs

9. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Living on the other side of the world and having to watch every rockets game on my league pass listening to Clyde drexler makes me want to move to Houston and get a season ticket.

I've never been to a game and I'd gladly take your crappy upgraded seats.

10. AFS

AFS Member

Wow this is a failed attempt at logic

X ---> Y (if X, then Y)
    x = real rockets fan
    y = not leaving before the game ends

from that, the only thing you logically infer is the contrapositive: -Y ---> -X
    -Y = leaving before the game ends
    -X = not real rockets fan

what you said is X ---> Y so therefore Y ----> X. for example, let's take "If the Rockets win the championship, then I will eat a cookie." Well, I just ate a cookie; the Rockets haven't won a championship yet.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Here right now. I'm behind some rowdies.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Nice. Getting in the ear of the person who matters always makes a difference.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

your a season ticket holder as well but from the perspective of the OP maybe season tickets aren't as easy to come by as they are for you. I know that htey are very expensive. And when you're committed to the team like you and op are, issues are more sensitive.

My experience with the ticket reps isn't too great either. For one they're always rude beligerant.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

glad to see committed fans as yourself being rewarded, and to every fan that shows up early to games. Whenever I watch games with my friends, I always duck my head whenever they ask why the arena's so empty at the start of the 1st. On time attendence is key and those that follow should be rewarded

15. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

Despite my earlier post, which was based on my personal experience and assumptions only - I'll add that the people who said talk to a manager or your rep and it will likely be fixed were very very correct, as you just found out, so congrats.

I've found that when a season ticket holder is even slightly upset, the Rockets throw everything they can at them to get them happy again. I've been given everything from courtside to ledge dining for minor issues in te past.

Sorry if I was harsh before. Glad it worked out for you. Just control that temper. :)

16. Dei

Dei Member

What do the staff gain from the racket, though?

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

They don't owe him **** but they do owe him an upgrade if what they give him is upgrade vouchers. Sounds like what they gave him were upgraded seats.

I think the problem with him lies in the fact he thought first come first serve meant he got the best upgrade seats available. But what it really meant was first come first get what upgrade seats are available. WHich makes it his fault for thinking he was going to get the best seats because he got there early. That only insured him a better shot at getting the upgrade seats but not the best upgrade seats available.

I would even go one step further and say his crazed desire to be the first inline almost assured he got borderline upgrade seats as opposed the better upgrades his nonchalant friends who just went up to the window at their usual time, recieved. Think about it if you are Rocket admin wouldn't you want to hold onto the best upgrade seats to the last minute.

Next time should just go at his regular time and be happy with what he gets. He'll probably find he got better seats by not being so crazed and he will also have a better time without all of the frustration.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't think you read post #64 above before responding:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/oaklech01.html

19. nemac

nemac Member

I recently told my friend that Jay-Z bought Beyonce an island for her birthday. He asked me, "How big is it?".... What? It's a freaking island, what do you mean how big is it? Do you really think she would complain if wasn't big enough or if it was smaller than Julia Roberts' island? .....It's an island!!!

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Obviously first come first serve did not mean that you get the best possible upgrade in spite of what the guy said. It's not coincidence your early bird effort paid for naught. If it did they would have one stack and all of the tick reps would pull from that pile. Since someone was splitting them up and placing the better seats on the bottom, they knew exactly what they were doing. It is however bad PR for that to get out so I am sure they will remedy that for the rest of the vouchers now that you have made it a headache for them. Their only oversite was overlooking guys like you that would get peeved for making the extra effort to get the best and got screwed albeit your own fault.