1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unfair Treatment by Houston Rockets Ticket Reps

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by s2kboy16, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

While I agree getting angry does not help, I wouldn't say "they don't owe you ****" since the upgrades were part of the deal that they used to entice people to buy season tickets. They were not some sort of gift. It's true that the promise of "upgrade" doesn't guarantee you the seat that you want, it would seem to be good customer service practice to let the customer know how some people get better upgrades than others.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

3. s2kboy16

s2kboy16 Member

Thanks for the incite...didnt think of it that way. But would YOU not expect it to be that way? If the point is to give the upgrades out at random then why sort them in the first place? Trust me as I was very poilte when I was engaging the reps. i didnt throw a hissy fit for the world to see. I made my point to the people that needed to hear and walked away.

I only posted on this forum to get it off my chest and share it with others that might have to interact with these people and hope that they dont have the same issues that I did.

4. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

all u gotta do is ask them u want courtside lol. I sat courtside 2/3 times the 3rd time i was only maybe 4 rows up

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I completely understand your frustration. Like I said, if I was a season ticket holder like yourself and had a pregnant wife with me I'd be frustrated that someone getting better seats as well. But like I said before, I'm sure if you had spoken with the higher ups (rather than the people behind the ticket booth) they would have done something to upgrade you to much better seats at the risk of losing a season ticket holder.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just don't renew.

I guarantee you when your rep calls and asks why you didn't and tell him you'll have front row seats next year.

It's sales. You have the upper hand if you know how to use it.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I view "first come first serve" as the first to arrive are the ones who will be upgraded, not you will be upgraded in the order you arrive from best to worst. I wouldnt of been mad personally, but if you were expecting that then I can see how it would anger you.

8. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I personally don't know how the system works but I think this post makes a lot more sense than the OP's.

9. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

This is excatly what I was going to post...just don't renew, and when they ask you why, tell them why. With that in mind...I do have to say I have been treated very nicely by my ticket rep in the past. He hooked me up with front row (feet on the court) against the clippers. The seats were at the end where the visiting team comes out...but nonetheless....sweet.

10. blink52y

blink52y Member

He doest sound like a prick. I would be mad too.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"Wide"

Freudian slip, much? Or only when u mad?

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Why shouldn't first-come-first-serve distribute the best seats first? I don't think it necessitates that (it's a while-supplies-last kind of thing), but it seems plain irrational and lazy to distribute them at random and is just begging for upset customers.

I think the lesson here is the Rockets have a half-assed process that they're too lazy to address. They should suffer blow back for sucking.

1 person likes this.
  13. s2kboy16

s2kboy16 Member

I go to the games because i love watching the Rockets. They are my team and always will be.

I'm losing out by not being able to go to the games. The reps will find another dummy like me to replace me.

I've pretty much made up my mind that I wont be renewing.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

In situations like this, I've found that going the social media route works wonders. If you tweet or Facebook a link to this thread, I bet somebody from the Rockets PR Dept. will see it, and address the situation with you in a quick manner. As many cons as there are with the whole social media phenomenon, getting the attention of corporations or organizations is definitely not one of them.

15. s2kboy16

s2kboy16 Member

hahaha...only when im mad.

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

When someone takes the time to tell their whole experience, do we really need jerk replies like "YOU MAD!" and "DIDN'T READ"? You can disagree, but little respect goes a long way.

s2kboy16 - in my limited view of the season ticket experience, I get the feeling that the Rockets really value their season ticket holders. I "think" they have invested a lot in improving their customer service. I imagine you have a sales rep assigned to you ... I would email/call them and send them this thread for reference if needed. I'm sure they'll want to take care of you.

2 people like this.
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Contact your ticket rep, tell them what happened/is happening, threaten to cancel, problem will get solved. I guarantee you.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Better having a couple sad customers than a Mob waiting outside the ticket office fighting for the best upgrade seats. THAT will make you lose customers.

19. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I would bring up the issue to your rep. If you love the games..go. Just don't give up without telling them first.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Um, no.

If you want the best seat, get in line.

Like every other ticket based event ever held in the history of mankind.

Seems to work fine...