1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Unemployment Benefits When Laid Off

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Johndoe804, Mar 19, 2013.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this is so freakin stupid. i put any crap on my resume to fill the gap. i've had a very specialized job, trying to get another has been a b****, fifty at least real (not recruiter) interviews in four years, including the year and a half while working when my boss would give me a reference because we all knew my days were numbered

2. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I just prefer to find a good job. I can jump on unemployment and work under the table and make about what I'm making now and get what I pay for out of the state while I'm at it. That's all.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Leeching? You do realize that part of every paycheck you have ever earned goes to unemployment benefits. You pay for it each time you get paid. Screw dignity if I have a family to feed. People don't choose to be laid off and it takes time to find a job, especially these days.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused:

Relax, man. :eek:

He asked a straight up question. He went straight to his suggestion. Maybe:
    Thank you for that response, it cools the situation down.

Are you without a job right now? What is your profession, if you don't mind me asking, sir?

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

he said "people are too good", it was judgemental not helpful. anyway you can look at the last thread about the interview to see what i used to do.

i'm a waiter, i start friday:)

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I doubt it. If you are an unemployed accountant how is it going to be helpful to work at walmart?

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It came out of each paycheck while he was working. Holy Mc****, people are stupid.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

not to mention looking for work is a job in of itself

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Do the opposite of this. Your unemployment eligibility lasts for six months regardless of if you collect or not. Call at 5 months and you can only collect for one month.

Apply immediately and getcho money. No shame in tapping into a resource you have been pay into into all these years.