1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UNDISPUTED | Shannon tells it like it is

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andre0087, Dec 8, 2020.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Trade his ass to the worst team in the league...

T_Man

Andre0087, forchette49 and linvetb6 like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What makes it inexcusable is flaunting it at birthday bashes during a pandemic. That is what probably makes this over the top.

Apparently some sources are saying players around the league aren't on Harden's side on this.

daywalker02, sirbaihu and linvetb6 like this.
  3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Harden might be the most coddled star in NBA history who has failed to deliver.

Don't want to play defense? No problem. We'll surround you with plus defenders (Dwight, Ariza, Beverley).
    Not getting along with Dwight? No problem. We'll fire Dwight's coach (McHale) and hire a coach he dislikes (Dantoni) to force him to opt out.
    You want to play extreme iso-ball? No problem, we'll surround you with relatively one-dimensional shooters (Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, Ariza, Beverley)
    Want another shot creator? No problem. We'll overpay to acquire CP3.
    Not getting along with CP3? No problem, we'll trade him for pennies on the dollar and mortgage the team's future for your friend Westbrook.
    Not getting along with Westbrook? No problem. Westbrook is out.

sushimaster and Nelly like this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

UNDERACHIEVED ? what player can you replace james harden with and the teams would have been better ?

the rockets have NEVER had a top 3, or probably even 5 roster talent wise in the harden era. why ? because we will not go over the tax.
    james impact and greatness allowed those teams to consistently win 50+ games and get as far as they did in the postseason. the only time I have really been disappointed is when KD went down and the rockets couldnt at least push it to a game 7...other than that these rocket teams have overachieved if anything.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

At the very least, Lebron, Curry, Kawhi, and Durant.

You're forgetting the Spurs debacle. We definitely should've beaten them. In any case, you're right. Harden is a regular season beast, but at some point, that's not enough.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It's called "adding insult to injury": not only does he ditch Houston fans, but throws the equivalent of many years' salary (for some fans) at a dude named Lil Baby, in a purse.

fchowd0311 and forchette49 like this.
  7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I wouldnt be so sure... after Torontos success with Kawhi i think teams would be more open to just trading for a guy for a shot at a championship even if they know he will leave.

Hell even if you have a guy under contract for 4 years in todays NBA that doesnt promise you anything as a franchise anyway.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I dont like Simmons either but a 24 year old coming of an All-NBA selection is about as good of a player as we wil probably get. Plus hes under club control for i think 4 more years... at the very least hes a great asset that we could flip down the line.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  9. HardenVolumeOne

and watch them still make the playoffs. a part of me wants harden to get traded to a trash team just so i can see him elevate them to 50 wins plus, just so the media can rob him of mvp again. #colorism

vlaurelio likes this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I wish the the $100,000 would've went to a Children's Hospital.

Dacamel, daywalker02 and sirbaihu like this.
  11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Good...

I wish him the best..

I for one will be glad when he's gone...

I stated it before and will say it again, he's Adrian Dantley 2.0..

T_Man

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Skip is ****. Shannon is right about Harden, but he didn’t mention that Tilman is part of the problem.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Might as well give 40 million to the hospital.

14. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I am not watching 12 mins of Skip & Shannon without getting paid to do so.

pippendagimp likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and that team instantly gets better than the rockets

16. fchowd0311

Really? I doubt it. Keep in mind we get assets for Harden and then of Wall and Cousins are healthy, the Rockets would still be the better team.

17. vlaurelio

big IF.. wall hasn't played in 2 years and cousins didn't pan out for GSW and Lakers

okay give name a team and equal assets for Harden

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Hmm, never looked at him that way. Most interesting...

19. fchowd0311

We would never get "fair" return for Harden. That is the nature of trading a player of Harden's level. You will always get inferior assets in return.

The reason is the only type of players at Harden's level are content with their teams and their teams are content with them. Warriors aren't going to give away Curry for Harden. Lakers aren't going to give away Lebron or AD for Harden. Clippers aren't going to give away Kawhi for Harden so on and so forth.

20. vlaurelio

Yeah and if they do the rockets get worse.

But we're talking about trades which will make the rockets worse. That means one of the bottom feeders.