1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Under what circumstances would you be willing to trade Chandler Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, May 14, 2013.

1. hbomb

hbomb Member

Wow...are you serious?

That would be amazing, but do you think its even possible?

I'm assuming that your point was that it's basically an impossible circumstance that we trade CP and I agree.

2. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

It isnt that CP is on Durant's or LBJ's level but his contract with his output is worth about that much.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

To include him in a trade, it would be a short list. Top 20 player....anything short of this would be overpaying (Josh Smith, Wall, Holiday, Deron Williams....guys that look like stars, but arent).

4. jyaomingson

jyaomingson Member

Id trade Parsons, Asik & Lin to Philly for Holiday, Young & filler

1 person likes this.
  5. rocketfaithful

I would trade pasons to nobody and give him any contract he wanted when his current one expires!

6. liveguy

liveguy Member

That actually wouldn't be a bad deal...

Wold never happen tho.

Parsons is what EVERY GM wants....

Low costs, high result player...(at least for now)

Parsons won't be traded unless once he becomes a RFA, he requests max money.

7. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

why? i like jrue, but that'd make us worse. first of all, his production would go down next to harden...and 2nd, his production still yielded an awful .496 TS, with 3.7 TOV's and a 99 ORTG.

8. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Once Parsons gets paid he will not be as valuable as he is right now. If we can't get a 2nd star by this summer I think Parsons with Lin/Asik/young PF sort of package won't be a crazy idea to net a 2nd star.

I love the core of Parsons, Lin, and Asik, and would hate them to be traded away and treated as assets, but sometimes you need to take the next step.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't see him as being a great asset long-term, so I'm fine with cashing out for another player that is. His efficiency per dollar is great right now, especially when we're still playing with cap space. Once we're securely over the cap, we don't get as much benefit and I'd rather pay market rate for someone just somewhat better than continue getting a good bargain on Parsons.

10. basketballholic

LOL...who would that be?

11. jyaomingson

jyaomingson Member

Dude don't throw all those bs stats at me. Jrue is a beast and if we land howard we are set at the 3 most pivotal positions in basketball.

12. pnr

pnr Member

Look at Jrue's averages playing next to a ball dominant SG.

13. JamesHarden

JamesHarden Member

Trade Parsons only if Lin is traded. Must keep them together and keep the bromance alive!

14. just a word

just a word Member

Laughing hardest at this for the username of the poster.:grin:

15. CP30

CP30 Member

None and I would be absolutely horrified if we traded him for Dwight Howard.

I consider Parsons a building block for our team just as much as I do Harden. Parsons has a ton of potential and poses a great image for our organization and city.

If anything I'm thinking about how much I hope Parsons will be here for the long term.

16. acjeitherocket

this.......

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Trading for Barnes or Favors and a pick reduces our cap space significantly. I'd only do that for a star, not for a young guy who might be a star.

18. NotChandlerParsons

I would trade him to a team that's gonna give him a max contract and also get him a Paul Mitchell sponsorship that comes with a lifetime supply of Paul Mitchell (should last about 3 weeks)

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

People are really overvaluing Parsons here. Parsons is a great contract. But there's a time limit to this great contract. You know which kind of great contract doesn't have a time limit? Max players. Every legit max player in his prime is basically underpaid in the forseeable future.

I will trade Parsons + fillers/draft picks/youngster for any legit max player.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I realize that circumstance could bring a trade involving pretty much anyone not named James Harden, but wouldn't it be nice to build a core of good young players to grow with Harden? Haven't we had one hell of a turnover? While I would never say never to the right deal, my preference is to keep Chandler as a piece to build around with Harden, Asik and possibly Lin. If we were to actually sign Howard, then Asik obviously becomes more expendable, but otherwise I want to keep him. And I think Lin has room to grow. Jeremy would be easier to replace than Asik, for sure, but why not give him another season to get his **** together?