1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Under the radar: Kevin Harley

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Normalus, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Normalus

Normalus Member

21 Years Old, 6'6'' and 191lbs guard from France (second league). No fancy videos, no articles, nothing, but this kid can ball. He has declared for this years draft.

He has good combination of speed and leaping ability, can finish above the rim in transition, one of the fastest in this years draft, has great first step as well, he needs to gain some weight for sure.

From what I've seen he has low release point, but kid is not afraid to drive into the paint and uses his speed and athletism to finish around the rim - gets to the line a lot (4.3FTA per 26 minutes, shot farly well - 78.2%). For comparison Jerian Grant shot 5.7 FT's per 37.1 minute this season (probably the most out of guards in the draft), Kevin Harley would've shot about 6.1 FT's per same time. But it's a lame comparison, whatever.

Kevin Harley also shot 47.4% FG and 35% from deep, he has farly good mechanics, although his low release point may hurt him, or may not, who knows. Averaged 9.9PPG, 3.6RPG, 1.8APG and 1.1SPG in 26 minutes (his first season as a starter).

Participated in Adidas Eurocamp 2015, his ¾ court sprint was second best including NBA Draft Combine.:
    It's hard to determine anything else besides this because there so little if any information about him. He will participate in Gwangju 2015 Universiade next month representing France; I'm not sure if he has any workouts for teams in plans, probably stay in Europe as a stash.

So, he definately flying under the radar, and he is prototipical SAS pick in my opinion. The only video I found was this one, made by his team:
    [youtube]fJHxhDVAbzk[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  2. basketballholic

Interesting.

I see what you like about him. Good, fast handle end-to-end. Seems to make good decisions with the basketball. Shooting potential. Pretty good quickness on first step. Definitely like the way he moves with those long strides. Would like to see him play defense.

What's your basketball background Normalus?

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Thanks Normalus!

Always appreciate the way you dredge through the lesser knowns and make some predictions for us!

4. Normalus

Normalus Member

He is 3rd on my list out of all European players with most upside (out of players who would go 2nd round or undrafted). First Aleksandar Vezenkov (probably would be drafted in first round as a stash, f.e. Warriors or Cavaliers), second Simone Fontecchio (like his game a lot and he probably would fit into NBA better than Aleksandar Vezenkov).

I love to scout players a lot, like to breakdown them and search for a diamond in the rough, but I treat it as a hobby tho. Because I have no income out of this. I've had experience as an assistant coach for kids around 8-10 years old for a year, for free as well. Playing myself in local leagues as small forward...

5. basketballholic

Love Veznekov's game, work ethic, bball iq, and attitude. He's a winner with NBA skills.

Doesn't he have one year left on his contract?

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

I guess not..

7. basketballholic

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">1994-born French SG Kevin Harley will withdraw his name from the 2015 NBA Draft according to his agent <a href="https://twitter.com/OlivierMAZET">@OlivierMAZET</a>. Auto-eligible in 2016.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Givony (@DraftExpress) <a href="https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/610468131874676736">June 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

Yeah, as well as Aleksandar Vezenkov and Simone Fontecchio...

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

We should keep an eye on him. Played first game in Universiade today and was leading scorer of the team - 19pts (3/5 FG, 1/2 3PFG, 12/12 FT), 4 rbs, 1st, 1to.

Hit some clutch ft's in OT and through the game, led his team to a underdog victory against Lithuania 96:89. That's a huge numbers considering Lithuania have players who played in Euroleague this past season (Lekavicius, Ulanovas) and Lekavicius have guarded him.

10. basketballholic

Did you watch this game?

If so, did he make those free throws happen by driving and seeking contact?

11. Normalus

Normalus Member

Wasn't broadcasted, have to correct myself - Lekavicius (just 6'0'') didn't guard him since Kevin Harley played off the bench (Beard role in OKC, 38 minutes in the game - most of all players).

4 free-throws came at the end of OT - intentional fouls
    other free-throws:
    Cizauskas (6'2'' SG) foul - 19th sec. of France possession (7th team foul)
    Dimsa (6'6'' PF) foul - 10th sec. of France possession (3rd team foul)
    Cizauskas (6'2'' SG) foul - lose ball (Harley took defensive rebound)
    Jakstas (6'8'' C) foul - 21st sec. of France possession (1st team foul)

Seems like twice he was driving and seeking for contact - against Dimsa and Jakstas, other fouls may have been just a regular ones.

Cizauskas by the way seems like guarded him - not the worst player - more likely one of the better ones. He is considered as a part of a "golden generation" of youth Lithuanian players when they took U-16 (Europe), U-18 (Europe), U19 (World) and U-20 (Europe) Championship Gold medals - he was a starter.