1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Uncle News] 14yr old nephew made USA Soccer NT U-14

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by heypartner, Jul 8, 2014.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is not the same nephew that ran the mile in 4:18 this yr at age 15

This one is even more exciting to me. No one in my huge family of athletes has ever excelled at a team sport

This boy got picked by the National Team. I'm just so excited and happy for him. He's my favorite sister's son. Her husband is a NT academy certified coach. They lived in Leeds, England. First son raised there. Fullham STH

Bla bla bla

Suffice it to say my sister is the soccer mom that USA soccer depends upon.

ps: for KingCheetah. He did get picked on speed and height. My sister says "more skilled" players got left off. His 5'10 height and speed landed him the job, as well as his foot skills

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Congrats. That's very cool. It's just the beginning, though. As long as he's a hard worker and is coachable, he's got a leg up on a lot of others. Worst case is a college scholarship.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Are you going to inappropriately be posting pics of him, too?

I MEAN...

CONGRATS! ;)

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

What's his name?

5. SPBR

SPBR Member

Congrats. At this age, potential is more important than skill. He'll get a chance to play with the best and learn from the experience.

6. heypartner

See, now that's an entirely different story. He shares the same name a 19yr old player for the MLS Colorado Rapids. This Rapids boy got invited by Klinesman to tryout for the WC. But didn't make it this time at age 19

Further to this story, this other player's mom and dad own my favorite Irish Pub in Boulder

When I found out their son plays for the Rapids and has the same name as my nephew, I textd my sister the story, and she said, "oh yeah, we know him. We've been following his whole career"

I'm glad to have the opportunity to introduce two soccer moms with NT players of the same name

So, is that enough hints for you to name my nephew. I can give you more hints.

But no pictures. He's underage! :)

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is awesome news !!

Congrats to your nephew and his family, lots of sacrificing went in to getting him to this point, now it is all on him.

DD

8. ferrari77

I'm too lazy to go scrolling back and check but are the same person that created a thread about Shane O'Neill a couple months ago?

I know about Shane O'Neill and the tug of war the USA will probably have with Ireland in the future to cap him. Is your nephew also Irish or full Yank?

Good for your nephew he has another player with a similar name for him to emulate. Is your nephew in the USA or still in Leeds and if in the USA is he with an Academy team? (I'm not sure if he's in CO but is so, is he with the Rapids Academy?)

9. heypartner

Yep, Shane O'Neill

I forgot I posted his first MLS goal. I have a picture of me and him at the Portugal game in his parents boulder Irish pub. Will post if I can figure out how to post a pic on iPhone

My nephew is not full Irish like that. But he is an IRA terrorist on TSA's No Fly list. True story: my sister was flying her boys is spring 2002, nine mos after 9/11. Shane was 2 yrs old. TSA denied him on the plane because he was on the no fly list. My sister went politely ballistic on them. "He's two yrs old you moron". Btw always use the word Moron, instead of idiot or other words. Morons don't know that word

Lols

10. SPBR

SPBR Member

TSA: "Ma'am, I'm just doing my job."

Wow. Common sense not so common.

11. ferrari77

Lol wtf. I Don't even know what to say after reading that:grin:

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Can I join one or both of their posse and be a hanger on?

13. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

14. heypartner

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Thats awesome! Grats!

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

thanks for the moron hint... and good luck to you

17. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

18. heypartner

j

To your answer your questions, he's in Columbus Ohio, with the academy team His older brother was born in Leeds. Shane is pure USA
    But really, these questions need to be directed at the superstar mom we are just fans at this point

#18 heypartner, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014