1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Un-Freaking-Real

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jeff, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

I agree that it takes a WR a year to learn the ropes in the NFL.

Gaffney is not a bust for one bad game and the same goes for Bryant. There is no other team in the league that overhypes its players like the Cowboys and their fans. What did that guy do at Pitt that was so great? Have big games against Rutgers? The next Lynn Swan what a joke.

Anyone have the link to that pic of Walker talkin' trash to JJ?

2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

See Ric's post above.

3. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Thanks. Didn't see it the first time. Great background for all Crackwagon fans to see.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I live up in Dallas, and it has been sad to hear how their Cowgirls suck! Jerry Jones and Dave Campo just starting pulling excuses out of their A$$, like the fact they had lack of time in training camp for their offensive line to get ready, and about how their quarterback didn't get enough practice, blah blah crap crap crap....

At least Emmitt and the rest of the veterans were honest in saying that this was a total embarrassment. I give them props for that, but man, do they SUCK!

5. Rockets34Legend

And also, have you noticed that DrewP hasn't put up any replies since the Cowgirls got embarrassed out of Houston?

Interesting...

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I'm shocked that Campo wasn't fired on the flight back to Dallas. :)

7. Behad

I'm shocked JJ didn't fire him and make him walk back to Dallas.

8. Rockets34Legend

I'm surprised JJ didn't disown the team...

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Maybe JJ can name himself coach and use the money he'd save from Campo's salary and get another face lift. :D

10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

HAHAHA! :D

Wait, I'm a Cowboy fan...what am I doing laughing? Oh well..

HAHAHAHAHAH!:D

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

delete

sorry

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Why is everyone so shocked that the Cowboys lost? Anybody remember Jackonsville and Carolina? This isn't the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Because of the salary cap, there were a lot of good players in the expansion draft. David Carr is progressing much more quickly than anybody expected, we have a pretty good defense, an excellent coaching staff, a little luck (that unnecessary roughness call where the Cowboys safety hit the receiver in the head was bogus), and we basically had nothing to lose. Add to the fact that the Cowboys are starting their third string QB (though he doesn't know it yet), and it leads to the victory.

13. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Did anyone else watch Hard Knocks on HBO? They showed some up close shots of Jerry Jones - he is starting to look like YODA! :eek:

14. Behad

I disagree. He let his elbow fly intentionally. Maybe he wasn't planning on hitting him in the head, but the intent on landing a blow was. And since he got him in the head, that's a penalty.

I've caught my 13 yr. old use that move on my 10 yr. old a number of times. He meant to do it.

15. MadMax

A-Train..we started 5 rookies on the offensive end...there were 6 rookies on offense for MOST of the game.

The Cowboys made some pretty good moves during the offseason.

The Cowboys were picked by many to be a playoff team.

Only one team before the Texans EVER won their first game as an expansion team..not even Carolina or Jacksonville did that. The last expansion team, Cleveland, got their doors blown off by the Steelers.

We had three starting offensive linemen injured and not playing, including arguably the best player on the team in Boselli.

I picked us to win, but that was wishful optimism at best. The first play of the game shocked the hell out of me!

16. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

What is he suppose to lead with? He can't lead with his head, that's spearing. This game isn't 2 hand touch. D. Woodsen led with his forearm which was not padded (IE no Barry Bonds armor on).
    The receiver was layed out so the only place to hit him was the helmet. If the receiver was jumping I guarantee you that same forearm would have been placed squarely in his back, but under the circumstances the only thing he had to hit was his helmet.

Maybe Woodsen should have politely stepped aside and let him land on the turf without a shot.

I totally agree it was a bad call, but that call did not cost the Boys the game. Poor execution on offense did.

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

if you hit a player in the head, it's a penalty; intentional or otherwise, it's still a penalty. how in h-e-double hockey sticks was that a bad call?

f'ing cowboy fans... :rolleyes:

18. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Max, this is the COWBOYS we're talking about! They had one of the worst offenses in the league last season, and all they did to improve it was sign Darnay Scott. Their two big offseason moves were defensive (La'Roi Glover and Roy Williams). They have a good offensive line, but for what? To protect a third string QB? To open holes for an aging, over the hill running back? Defense maybe be good enough to win in the Superbowl, but to GET there, you'll need a little more than Quincy freaking Carter. The only reason people made such a big deal out of this win was because it was played in the season opener...

When it all comes down to it and the Cowboys finish 3rd in their division, this loss to the Texans won't be so suprising after all...

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

puh-lease! they used two second round picks on offensive players; signed a starting TE, kept joey galloway healthy and brought in bruce "wonderboy" coslet to run the damn thing.

jerry jones proclaimed this group more talented than his early 90's teams. stop trying to spin this, you should be disgusted.

20. MadMax

A-Train

it's still an expansion team...carolina and jacksonville were an aberration...the history of expansion teams, including the most recent with the Cleveland Browns, has not been pretty.

are you seriously arguing that the Texans SHOULD have beaten the Cowboys?? That the Cowboys should not have beaten an expansion team in their first game ever??? the Bengals are a bad team, but they SHOULD beat the Texans. Whether they will or not is an entirely different story. :)