1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Un-Freaking-Real

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jeff, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

It's pretty sad that you feel compelled to come to a BBS just to try to pee on somebody's celebration. Besides...a 65 yeard TD pass from the worst QB in league history? Whatever. :rolleyes:

Your sig IS offensive. It shows a lot about your character.

2. Refman

We know who's cranky because he didn't get his nap this afternoon. :rolleyes:

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

DrewP, I think we can replace TroyBaros w/ your sorry A$$!! You are starting to get on everyone's nerves...

And your SIG...GET RID OF IT!!

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

5. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

I thought it was Cowboy Steve that was banned from calling in, someone please set me straight. And by the way, GO TEXANS!

6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I don't know what link that was to,because it didn't work for me,but I did try to bring back the "predict the Texan-Cowboys game" thread. I quoted myself and my prediction and said I was wrong. But I guess nobody saw it because it didn't get a reply. I'm so lonely. :(

I'm just glad that many of you aren't ragging on me too hard. I doubt I would have on you, but I was preparing for a lot when the Cowboys lost. Thanks you.

BTW, what was the "crap" I said? I usually don't talk trash, but I am wanting to see it. Just curious.

7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

WOW.......I cant say I gave them much of a chance, but they came out and won. Yes, the Cowboys looked pathetic but a win is a win and to win the first game of the franchise is unbelieveable. They are only the secind team in history to win their inaugaral game. CONGRAGULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

8. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

I'm not so sure what is so offensive about his signature (DrewP).

9. PhiSlammaJamma

10. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Man...I had to be on a plane last night, and I missed most of the game. At least I got to listen to the end of the game on the rent car radio.

My favorite team has always been whomever is playing the cowboys. What a great start to a week I have to spend away from Texas.

The best thing I heard last night on the radio was this gem from some announcer: "The Cowboys might be America's team, but they sure as hell aren't Texas' team.

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

YAAAAAHOOOOOO!!!!

Football is back, ba-bee! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go talk some serious smack to some Cowboys fans. Maybe I'll call up my ex-boss from the Cowboys and rub it in a little more... :D

Texans fans = :D :cool: :)
    Cowboys fans = :( :mad: :confused:

12. Gascon

Gascon Member

I am on top of the world. :cool:

Before the game, I was predicting the Texans in a blowout, but I didn't realistically think it could happen. Boy, was I wrong. They were one Jermaine Lewis drop away from really humiliating the hated Cowboys. btw, if I were Lewis, I'd be doing nothing over the course of the next week but having my teammates throw footballs at me. I'd have them try and surprise me with them....he's got to do something. There's no excuse in taking up a reciever slot on an NFL team and being unable to catch a pass longer than ten yards. Rediculous. I hit the roof when that happened.

I am so unbelievably excited. :D Football never really had the same flavor after the Oilers left.

But now, I hate to break it to you guys, but we have a pretty damned good team. We have no running game and our passing game is Average at best until Bosselli and Young get back, but our Defense is solid. We may actually go 2-0 with the Chargers being our next opponents. The matchup of the young guns, Carr vs Brees. Should be a good one. I predict 60 minutes of smashmouth, hardass football. I can't wait. :D

Oh, and I don't find Drew's sig to be offensive, but then I don't get offended. I just don't think it's funny.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The other day, at the gym, someone was staring at my Texans T-shirt. He mentioned he'd never seen one before; this is Iowa City, mind you. Well, the Texans are officially ON THE MAP.

The Texans aren't the Rockets, but they'll do!

14. PhiSlammaJamma

If I'm not mistaken the offensive scheme worked. It was basically to run the ball and have the ability to go deep. We didn't run the ball so well but we kept the clock moving. And we did go deep successfully. So not only did we excute on offense, but we executed on defense. I'd give the offense a pretty good rating even tho I could see where everyone would think it wasn't that good. We did have a few too many sacks.

15. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

And hey, only four years until the Cowboys can try and get some regular season revenge.

I admit it, I had no confidence that the Texans could win the game. Even when they took the early lead, I was hopeful but not at all confident. It turned out to be a nice win and a nice way to start off the franchise.

Make no mistake, the Cowboys are not a good team - probably worse right now than anybody expected (of course, here in Dallas we had a lot of talk about how improved the Cowboys were over last season, and I think a lot of people overestimated what it meant to be better. The Cowboys are a very young team overall, and it will take them some time to gel themselves), and I don't expect the Texans to be world-beaters this season.

I'm certainly expecting to be looking at a 1-3 team going into the BYE week, but that's certainly okay (if they're better, then great). It's all about building for the future. This was a good start, and it feels great (especially since nearly everyone - including most Texans fans, I would suppose - gave the Texans much of a chance to win this game).

It feels good to have a team in the NFL to root for again. And that's true win or lose.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Interesting points...and don't forget special teams. Our special teams have been money so far, even in preseason.

This team is not gonna win the Super Bowl...but in the NFL today, if you can keep the game close, anything can happen. Ask the Patriots! In fact...I think the same reasons why you would not have picked the Pats to have a good season last year are the same reasons you wouldn't pick the Texans to have a good season this year...inexperienced QB...not a great offense...lack of "playmakers"...but they had a bend but don't break defense and great special teams, and that always kept them in the game. It's all about field position, and few coaches put that into action better than Dom Capers.

17. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I am really liking this pic from the frontpage at www.espn.com It says what every fan is thinking. Hell Yeah! :D

[​IMG]

18. Refman

The ONLY thing that really bothered me is that in the second half it looked many times like Dom Capers had borrowed RC Slocum's playbook. Not everything has to be up the middle. That short pass to the RB up the middle was a HORRIBLE play call that cost us a field goal. Eventually that kind of stupidity will cost you ballgames.

But all's well that ends well......GO TEXANS!!!!!!!

19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Great, Great Win. Carr is great. And what about that play by Bradford?

Da' Boys are in deep **** this year, as they can't pound the ball up the gut anymore and Carter at qb is a joke. Heck, even Nate Hybl might be an upgrade for them :D.

And get off this crap about the Cowpokes being America's team. That is so far from the truth and is another one of the media's made up nicknames(and yes I will be in that profession in the future)

Palmer had a good gameplan and once we get boselli/young back, watch out. I'm not predicting playoffs or anything but this team can win 5-7 games, I think.

In the offseason, go get a franchise rb and a good DE/WR or hopefully all 3. Then it's showtime.

It just feels great to have pro football back in Houston, along with arguably the best stadium in the league.

20. Refman

A guy in the parking lot was holding up a sign that read: "America's Team...that is SOOOOO 70's." I laughed so hard. :cool:

We need a franchise RB (although Wells may develop into that guy). Gaffney will become a playmaker at WR. The D line seems to be solid. What we really need is to shore up the O line and to teach Lewis how to catch.