1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Um...so we haven't made a thread about the recent Dwight Drama yet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Roomba, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing it. From reading that article, all it did was repost all the claims and ask why nobody else is reporting it. It doesn't look like they did any investigation themselves. Where's the Deadspin of the past that investigated and exposed Manti Teo?

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

no way. no one in the nba is going to work with a journalist who supported anyone attacking another player with questionable claims like this.

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It makes sense that no big name journalist is touching this story. The source is a highly questionable social media personality who has reportedly done this in the past (and their only rebuttal against that claim is saying "I don’t know what you guys are talking about ... I don’t know Carti ... I don’t know that boy.”) and is promoting a self-published book called "Industry Hoe". Dwight's camp will deny all of this and, so far as I can tell, the accuser hasn't posted any audio or video evidence of any threats, just saying that they happened? That's.... sketchy considering that he seems to have documented every other interaction he supposedly had with Dwight as collateral.

There are a few darker issues that this has all unearthed. One is the ugly reaction to homosexuality that "NBA Twitter," a demographic that skews younger, exhibited once these allegations were posted. I've seen a lot of think pieces citing both the reaction of these fans and the lack of an openly gay player in the league as proof that the NBA is not the bastion of social progress it claims to be. My counter to that is that the corporate posture of the league was always going to be different than the dynamics of individual locker rooms. Moving the All Star game from Charlotte was something the league could control. Forcing a gay player to come out to his teammates and fans is something else entirely. I don't know why we haven't seen an openly gay player since Jason Collins. My guess is that macho locker room culture is stifling and difficult to overcome after a lifetime spent among close-minded teammates. I cannot imagine the fan reaction would be too negative even if the more juvenile segment would post "miss me with that gay ****" for a while on Twitter.

The second issue is the accuser weaponizing their very existence to shame Dwight. By coming forward with all of these allegations, the accuser knows that Dwight's supposed sexual interest in them is something that would bring shame upon him. That's petty, vindictive and gross. If what @Codman says is true (and Cod, I can't see your profile anymore! I love following your posts without having to sift through a ton of GARM pages. Is there any way to fix this?), then Dwight's sexuality is a known commodity in the NBA. Other players have said they've played with gay teammates before. My guess is that his cancerous locker room presence has less to do with his sexuality than with his selfish, but uncompetitive, playing style.

#83 mtbrays, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

My ability to see his profile has disappeared too. That's odd.

I really hate this situation with Dwight for a number of reasons. As you eluded to, the ignorance and fear that people have towards trans people is disgusting. Cross dressing and transgendered is also seen as the same thing of which it is not. When you couple that with the homophobia its just sad. I'm still on the fence on whether I believe this person and his allegations toward Dwight, but damn, if he lied this is only going to push and rile up the ignorant and hateful. Like, hasn't life already been hard enough for you being a gay man? Now you want to add a target to your back and make life harder for other gay men too?

But honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if this were true as well. Dwight seems like he's a poor judge of character, and his constant desire to be liked could probably sourced to him hiding what he thinks is a shameful secret. He seems like he goes in and out of listening to the people around him, and that just creates a mess for him.

Look, I totally get cracking a joke or two with your buddies. I get it. But, the people who are going out of their way to tweet at Dwight, cracking jokes on Twitter and such, you aren't joking with your buddies you're going out for blood. If only the leaders in this country didn't establish that as being an acceptable behavior, we might actually move forward.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Maybe he has a reason to turn off access to his profile.

To "fix" this, just Follow him. Then his posts will show in your "News Feed."
    1. Hover over your user name (upper right)
    2. Click "People You Follow", and add Codman
    3. Click "Your News Feed" to see all recent activity of Codman and others you Follow
    [​IMG]

Deckard, BigShasta, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Thanks for the workaround sir. I never ever use the news feed, but I guess I'll have to start now.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I find it much faster than having to first hunt for a Codman/ch44 posts in order to click on their profiles.

News Feed is One-Click access to Cod's posts, and it's available on every page of the bbs.

Deuce and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

someone looking for social media clout and promotion for their new book “Industry Hoe” would make something like this up...this person already tried this previously with a rapper

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

And people were getting mad at him because he had farting problems. See, it was a nerve issue! Sad!

11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yes, definitely agree this happens, a lot more often than the #METOO'ers will admit.

But they had no control over the buttocks injury! that's what I was referring to in the 'you can't make this stuff up! Someone might make up the rest of the story...but they couldn't make that up!

#91 BigDog63, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  12. amaru

amaru Member

Don’t understand the obsession with him not being heterosexual. The negative attention he’s getting is why people stay on the down low.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yup.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Come on now. You know exactly why. Even at the end of 2018, Straight is still considered the default.

15. amaru

amaru Member

I get that. I’ve just never understood how grown heterosexual men (I’m assuming) can be so preoccupied with what another grown man does with his own genitalia.

DreamShook likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has fathered numerous kids, at some point he was.

17. amaru

amaru Member

Heterosexual men are attracted to other men. Obviously he’s closer to bisexuality/heteroflexibity (assuming all these reports are true)

But honestly it shouldn’t really matter.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can say I am not but in Howard's case might very well be as he is seeing athletes naked every day.