1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ultimate Team Rankings: Rockets Come in at #37

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lil Pun, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

If already posted, lock or delete.

Basically ESPN ranks all teams in the Big 4 sports in the USA/Canada. Click the link to see the complete list.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings

Welcome to ESPN The Magazine's ninth-annual Ultimate Standings, in which we measure how much MLB, NBA, NFL and NHL franchises give back to the fans in exchange for all the time, money and emotion the fans invest in them.

The Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers jumped from No. 9 last year to the top spot in 2011, due in part to star quarterback Aaron Rodgers officially turning the page on the Brett Favre era at Lambeau Field. But below-average ticket prices and unmatched customer service were also a key point among fans as evidenced by the Packers finishing first in such categories as "fan friendly environment at games" and "provides an avenue for fan feedback."

The eight major categories that make up the Ultimate Standings were created based on feedback from fans about what they want most from their favorite teams (click here for a more detailed account of the method to our madness.) The categories:

Bang For The Buck (BNG): Wins during the past three years (regular season plus postseason) per revenues directly from fans, adjusted for league schedules.

Fan Relations (FRL): Openness and consideration toward fans by players, coaches and management.

Ownership (OWN): Honesty and loyalty to core players and local community.

Affordability (AFF): Price of tickets, parking and concessions.

Stadium Experience (STX): Quality of arena and game-day promotions as well as friendliness of environment.

Players (PLA): Effort on the field and likability off it.

Coaching (CCH): Strength of on-field leadership.

Title Track (TTR): Championships already won or expected in the lifetime of current fans.

2. ashishduh

ashishduh Member

Surprised our stadium experience was so low.

3. acjeitherocket

The Astros are #88...too high

1 person likes this.
  4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

The list doesn't put enough emphasis on winning. It weights too heavily towards small and medium markets.

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

WOW my Reds are number 15! Of course the Bengals are #122... dead last. I am not at all surprised!

It's cool how you can sort by sport.

6. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

What the hell kind of joke list is this?

Let me get this straight. The Grizzlies, Hornets, Magic, and Thunder are all ranked ahead of us (and none that I can remember have ever won a championship in their respective cities), and Boston and LA are ranked behind us?!?

Sure, if we are basing the rankings on cheapest and most available tickets, I can agree since none of those teams have ever done much of anything substantial. But to rank them over teams that have won multiple NBA Championships? Really?!?!

It is strange the NBA list is so jacked as the NFL list seems pretty accurate with the perennial contenders all ranked up at the top.

7. choujie

choujie Member

Lol. ESPN makes more an more crap ranks.

How do they rank players "effort"? Spurs effort ranked #1, Dallas effort ranked #46. Guess that's how Dallas won the championship and Spurs got kicked out in 1st round?

8. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

Yeah no kidding! I didn't even catch that. Really stupid rankings.

9. Rocketfanatic2

I agree with acjeitherocket... How the Astros aren't in the bottom five befuddles me. Rockets at 37 seems alright.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Texans ranked in the bottom 10 in coaching, next to last for NFL teams. Ouch.

11. Aleron

Aleron Member

the yankees at 75....

12. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

What?!? My favorite team isn't #1! Blasphemy!