1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I don't think the US needs to agree to any Ukraine-Russia peace deal. But, Russia might insist on US' inclusion to drop some sanctions in any deal. Russian demands for US inclusion is a different dynamic from US insistence on its own inclusion. From our perspective, I think we're totally fine with Ukraine having peace and us keeping up sanctions on Russia.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Trump ended the North Korean nuclear threat? They aren't a threat any more? Trump capitulated and bowed down to North Korea and the US got nothing out of it, though Trump did get a lovely letter.

ROCKSS and astros123 like this.
  3. astros123

astros123 Member

You never mentioned why Poland said that. Poland has given Ukraine over 3% of its GDP and has given all of its newest military gear to UKR. In exchange Poland had to ban Ukraine grain bcz they local growers were getting bankrupt.

Ukraine in exchange called Poland Russian stooges and doing Putin bidding. The worst thing you can do in polish politics is call them Russian stooges.

Folks don't realize how effin pissed off the Poles are at Zelenskys comments.

Then just last week Ukraine government called Indians stupid and low iq. You don't call Indians stupid that's the last thing you ever do.

Zelensky has no idea how the hell to be a diplomat. Experience matters and you would never see bidens team talking like this @rocketsjudoka

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

Wasn't it you who was calling me a Russian bootlicker when I stated Zelensky was trash and bad for Ukraine?

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

If you look closely you can see putin's lips move while he has his hand up paul's, um...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

They all must fall in line with their supreme leader.....................trump say no, we must say no. we can no think for ourselves, we just do as he say

astros123 likes this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This quote is wild to me. How are we supposed to take you serious?

DonkeyMagic likes this.
  8. Commodore

Commodore Member

9. astros123

astros123 Member

Do you not realize that Donald Trump literally put am acting attorney General into power who thought it was a good idea to send the military to seize voting machines ? Do you realize how ****ing crazy of a man Trump is. Trump is the biggest threat to democracy in my lifetime.

Travel anywhere outside the world and folks can't believe Trump is even a canidate. You right wingers are a disgrace outside of America

#13949 astros123, Sep 21, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
    ArtV, ROCKSS and DaDakota like this.
  10. Commodore

Commodore Member

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

we have enough problems at home, I'm sorry but no **** ukraine and everybody. We need to fix problems here. Enough money has flown to ukraine.

13. astros123

astros123 Member

You people say this but then every republican voted against making insulin cheap for everyone? They voted against the infrastructure bill to fix airports and bridges. They vote against all progress. What exactly does the right want other than culture wars?

glynch and No Worries like this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

So because I said what I did I’m a republican who supports expensive insulin?

you realize you just demonstrated how simple minded your approach is. It’s also textbook manipulation, and if you have to resort to that it’s clear whether you feel this cause is just.

there are a million other conflicts with lives just as important. And one could argue that this is not advantageous in the geopolitical sphere in any way

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not much money has gone to the Ukraine mostly older equipment that was being retired and stockpiles of ammo that were due to be replaced, it is a lend lease program.

The GOP won't ****ING let anyone spend money on infrastructure, they want to line their own pockets and **** THEIR DUMBASS base in the ass while they steal from them and make them think the problem is the brown people.

DD

16. astros123

astros123 Member

@Major you agree this is a war crime right just curious

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

It is vey advantageous geopolitically. As has been noted the war has greatly degraded Russia’s military making them less of a potential threat. If we had simply let Ukraine fall Russia that will lead to much more instability and nervousness among NATO allies which means that we would be spending resources shoring up those Allies. It also likely leads to a massive refugee crisis that strains Europe already dealing with refugees from
    Syria and other countries.

Finally as has been stated healing Ukraine is also helping Taiwan as global response and problems Russia has encountered is an object lesson to the PRC if they decide to take Taiwan.

Nook likes this.
  18. Commodore

Commodore Member

bankrolling Ukraine is only possible because of the money printer

If taxes had to be raised or other spending had to be diverted, no one would stand for it. But they can get away with it by slowly (well not so slowly any more) debasing the currency.

do not let these bastards bleed you dry. do not store your savings in dollars

#13958 Commodore, Sep 22, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
    LosPollosHermanos and Astrodome like this.
  19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

My good bot bro. This I agree with you on.

The rest....I can think so many other things to not spend the US dollar (regardless of it's source) on than protecting our interests in Ukraine. And that's the crux, savvy? It's about the resources there that we (our corps) want to control vs what Putin wants to control. All wars are about resources and this one is no different.

astros123 likes this.
  20. No Worries

No Worries Member

What percentage of the US federal budget is being sent to Ukraine?

Now discount the above number with the military equipment sent to Ukraine that the US planned on decommissioning and replacing?

Now STFU. :D

astros123 likes this.