1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Well thats the trap Biden's PR is falling into...Disregarding negative reasons why gasoline is dropping: lowered demand rather than an increase of supply.

I guess partisans can hope duct tape and a bit of mcguyvering will make this narrative stick till midterms. I'd imagine WH officials are more cynical than stupid, but who knows.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Your complaint about Biden is that he has not handled well the PR of higher gas prices?

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you're blaming Biden for high gas prices then shouldn't he get credit for lower gas prices? Personally I didn't blame Biden that much for high gas prices although I do think there was too much money thrown out in the last COVID relief package. I don't think he deserves that much credit for the drop but there were actually steps taken to lower gas prices such as large releases from the strategic reserve.

As for strawmanning your're the one complaining about messaging. You keep on ssaying you feel the terms used a are a bait and switch yet haven't acknowledged how much actual legislation and policy have been done.

dmoneybangbang and AleksandarN like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

The primary way to fight inflation is to lower economic activity.

That said we're still seeing record unemployment and rising wages.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wages are WAY below where they should be......the minimum wage should be $27 an hour....if adjusted for inflation.

DD

6. Invisible Fan

This is branched off topic, but more about how his office explained the economy to the public namely inflation and economic slowdown.

The suggestion here that gas prices are lower than pre-invasion is Biden's doing is as awful as Biden's excuse that inflation was mainly Putin's doing.

It's like they're expecting people to not remember the conflicting excuses doled out within a year.

You can search my post history, but I don't believe I've ever blamed Biden for high gas prices. I've even mentioned his efforts could only be confined to opening up the Strategic Petrol Reserves, which doesn't amount to much with the scale we consume.

His excuses to deflect blame, however, isn't that hard to call out months later.

So I'm complaining that the more his Admin spins with flimsy excuses that can't hold the test of time (gas prices being Putin's fault), the less credibility they earn when it comes to voter confidence for Democrats handling the economy.

You can look through the correspondence of this thread, and from that context, I still don't see any point for me acknowledging his other actions. Voters are still concerned with general inflation, gas, and food prices.

Maybe you're grouping posts from other threads, but it's still a strawman here.

7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Interesting story that unfortunately was snuffed out. Obviously this is a mistake that the US had made before and keeps making again. But we apparently shouldn't be talking about it.

ryan_98 likes this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

You’re saying multiple times in the post above that your criticism is messaging. You say you didn’t blame Biden for the rise in gas prices but you don’t like their messaging on it.

You’re under no obligation to acknowledge progress mad but that shows that this is more about habitual cynicism than it is about what is actually being done.

No Worries likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Xerobull and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You know Russia is losing if they are turning to prisoners to fight their war.

12. Invisible Fan

LMT to the Moon.

Again, so Biden Achieved lower gas prices?

There Are Four Lights.

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ukraine shelling Russian bases in occupied Crimea. Russian tourists fleeing their Crimean vacations en masse. No end in sight for occupied Crimea.

14. DaDakota

Love that the Ukranians are taking the fight to the occupied territories, so much for those Russian vacationers who have been lied to......what? No War you say??? BOOOOOOOM goes the airfield.....

DD

15. Invisible Fan

Yeah, if Russia thinks they're playing to own, then might as well burn it down like the Russians would.

I hope I'm wrong as it would signal a darker psychological phase of war.

16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ottomaton likes this.
  17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

No it shouldn’t. Yes agree with the economic disparity between the rich and the rest of population that must be solved. But 27 dollar minimum wage is not going solve it. One of the main reasons for standard of living decreasing is trade. More trade more wealth gets spread across the globe. We are seeing this everywhere. The amount of consumption that wealthy nations consume is not viable.

18. DaDakota

It is not about solving it is to get it inline with what the minimum wage was meant to be....

DD

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They must have hit an ammo dump because that is a massive explosion.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Perhaps they did, but here's a satellite image of the aftermath and they look like targeted explosions, with impact craters. Despite the predictable lies by Russia, this wasn't an "accident." Numerous expensive aircraft were destroyed.

Before the attack:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Larger images at the link.
    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/0...-dozen-russian-jets-satellite-photos-indicate

#8340 Deckard, Aug 10, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    KingCheetah likes this.