1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UK Telegraph: Ft. Hood linked to 9/11

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Nov 7, 2009.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He was really amped for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, but was impatient. :eek:

Why are people not commenting more on the article posted by MadMax. Seems big news to me. :confused:

2. Ari

Ari Member

I dont know, if I had to diagnose it I would say this guy went ape**** because he was not getting any. He went to a strip club and was drinking his sorrows away, that is what it sounds like. This is pretty much the prototypical profile of a serial killer, is it not? A loner who cannot find a woman or life partner to share things with (an army doctor who is unable to find anyone to marry him? That is quite a feat in and of itself, the guy had to be a total turnoff), a guy who feels rejected not only in his personal life but also in his professional life (demoted and transferred to Ft. Hood AND getting harassed for his ethnic or religious background), and a guy who was stationed far away from his family and his loneliness kicks in more than ever before. I mean this is the classic profile of pretty much anyone who has ever snapped and gone on a killing spree. They are all loners, they all feel rejected by society, they are all pretty much have an unsatisfactory sex life. If law enforcement people ever profile anyone, these should be the telltale signs they need to look out for.

3. Ari

Ari Member

Of course it would, but if you read the article carefully, it all speculation about how Hasan prayed at this random mosque which had a radical imam who later moved on to live in Yemen who is known to have contacts with Al-Qaeda operatives. Still a very spurious link and until we hear more SPECIFIC info on what THIS guy Hasan did or whom he talked to, the attempt to link him directly to Al-Qaeda would amount to little more than wishful thinking on the part of some ideologues who have a vested interest in making this yet another terrorist attack on U.S. soil.

Of course, on the flip side, if you believe that this indeed was a terrorist attack, and that the Intel community had enough evidence to suggest as much, then your biggest concern (certainly mine) and anger should be directed at our intelligence people who seem to have, once again, dropped the ball BIG TIME on preventing a terrorist attack against Americans. Maybe this is why the intel community is slow to come forward with the information they have collected over the years on this guy? Perhaps.

Still inconclusive at this point.

1 person likes this.
  4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

NOOOOO!!! half of clutchfans would be under surveillance.

5. Ari

Ari Member

touché :D

Well, to be fair, I am guessing most of us have girlfriends or wives, albeit they are probably the nerdy, not-so-attractive types that are just happy to be with a man who has still has a pulse :p

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I would guess more than half of the guys in a strip club are either married or have a gf

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's strange when people first made this connection and the stuff about the shooter trying to get in contact with Al-Qaeda that they tried to use it against Obama.

It turns out the intel about him reaching out to Al-qaeda etc. came out during the Bush administration.

I wonder if basso is PO'd at the Bush administration for doing nothing when it turned out this intel came out. Were the Bushies just being too PC and trying not to appear as Islamaphobes?

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I too would be interested in this response.

9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

where did i try to turn this info against Obama?

10. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

where did someone say you did?

11. basso

Supporting Member

FB did, a few posts up.

here's some more background info, that the not-islamic-terrorism crowd will have to figure out how to dismiss:

[rquoter]Senior Official: More Hasan Ties to People Under Investigation by FBI
    Alleged Shooter Had "Unexplained Connections" to Others Besides Jihadist Cleric Awlaki

By MARTHA RADDATZ, BRIAN ROSS, MARY-ROSE ABRAHAM, and REHAB EL-BURI
    Nov. 10, 2009 —

A senior government official tells ABC News that investigators have found that alleged Fort Hood shooter Nidal Malik Hasan had "more unexplained connections to people being tracked by the FBI" than just radical cleric Anwar al Awlaki. The official declined to name the individuals but Congressional sources said their names and countries of origin were likely to emerge soon.

Questions already surround Major Hasan's contact with Awlaki, a radical cleric based in Yemen whom authorities consider a recruiter for al Qaeda. U.S. officials now confirm Hasan sent as many as 20 e-mails to Awlaki. Authorities intercepted the e-mails but later deemed them innocent or protected by the first amendment.

The FBI said it turned over the information to the Army, but Defense Department officials today denied that. One military investigator on a joint terror task force with the FBI was shown the e-mails, but they were never forwarded in a formal way to more senior officials at the Pentagon, and the Army did not learn of the contacts until after the shootings.

In Texas, an hour before a memorial service for the Fort Hood victims, four FBI agents showed up at the Killeen mosque where Hasan prayed and searched a trash bin outside. The mosque president was clearly upset when he had to return from traveling to the service to sign a document handed to him by agents, apparently authorizing the search.

The FBI would not comment on what the agents were looking for at the mosque a full five days after the shooting, but motivation remains the focus.

"Obviously, the key is did he act alone," former senior FBI official Brad Garrett told ABC News. "And secondarily is, what evidence might potentially be in the dumpsters or at the mosque."

"We're concerned any time a house of worship is searched in this fashion," said Ibrahim Hooper, national communications director for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a Washington, D.C.-based civil rights group. "And we would follow up to see if there was probable cause for the search and if it was carried out in the appropriate and legal manner."

Agents had already seized Hasan's computer in a search of this apartment last Thursday night, and all of his internet contacts and writings are under examination.

The Washington Post reported Tuesday that Hasan gave a PowerPoint presentation to fellow Army doctors in 2007 in which he said, "It's getting harder and harder for Muslims in the service to morally justify being in a military that seems constantly engaged against fellow Muslims." He recommended that Muslim soldiers be given the option of being released from the military as conscientious objectors to decrease what he called "adverse events." Under "comments," he wrote, "We love death more than you love life."[/rquoter]

12. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

No he didn't.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thousands of people attended that mosque without going out and killing Americans. Also if that is such a strong tie then why did it take him more than 8 years to act?

I definately think there is strong argument that religion played some part in his motives but the tie to the 9/11 hijackers based on mosque attendance seems pretty weak.

Well bully for you..

14. insane man

insane man Member

when you look at the powerpoint (page 11), that comment is within quotes as what some clerics outside of the US say. Not something he said himself.

this may well have been his viewpoint. but i think its a misrepresentation of the powerpoint.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No wonder the cops keep on following me.. ;)

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What do you win if it is, in your judgment, officially proven to be islamic terrorism by official sources, something that I have no doubt will happen in your mind.

A pubic hair weave? An extra stamp on your Sub Club card?

Do let us know.

17. basso

Supporting Member

positive rep points from Batman.

18. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Which Muslim isn't tracked by the FBI?....also when did Awlaki become a recruiter for alquieda, he was let go by both American and Yemenis authorities for being a nobody!?

19. basso

Supporting Member

and banned from entering the UK because he was somebody.

20. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

the UK bans everyone, a dutch mp was refused entry as well, he is no al-qeida member, but a similar hate preacher.....this Awlaki character is a nobody, he wouldn't have been let go otherwise (twice).