1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UH vs UT Football

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by chocolatebear, Sep 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

one team is undefeated.
    the other is sorry.
    these are facts.
    wait til next year and then maybe yall can start talkin.

ay UT, tell my how my ass taste. GO COOGS.

2. paulftsk

paulftsk Member

Two things:

1. I have no problem with the influx of UH fans as long as the stadium remains filled next year, even if we have a losing record

2. We would **** all over UT's chest if we played them this year

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

You are right about one thing, the person you described is still a tshirt fan. It's not a term I made up pops. What case do I have to make? In every single post you have been wrong, first about the hoodie sales, then about having to go to games, then your little rant. I'm sh!tting on you. So what case? That UT full of t shirt fans? That's a given fact, sooo whatchutalkin bout?

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Still waiting kiddo

5. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

On what??? Vince Young? He doesn't have any eligibility left. A young folks dictionary to get you up to speed? A realization that getting grumpy about something that is true makes you look dumb?

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Still waiting; haven't defined why being a t-shirt fan is so "bad". And a question for you; remember when UH was pulling small #s to their games? What's so glaringly different between fans that are "t shirt fans" vs UH fans that never went to a game prior to their success?

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Texans games are never empty also ;). If Austin had a pro franchise they'd have a similar problem

8. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Oh I'm sorry, I missed the part where I set out to prove to you that a t-shirt fan is a bad thing, when did that happen? There is no difference between one from UH and UT, I dislike a UH tshirt fan as much as a UT one. The conversation that you ignorantly butted in on was me pointing out that the people posting here are not tshirt fans, they are alumni and students. And yet again, who said there was a difference between UH and UT tshirt fans? You keep pulling new points out of your @ss. You made yourself look stupid from the beginning (you're aren't selling merchandise?? LOL) all the way up to now where you have a different point every post because you're trying to save face ("well tshirt fans have their rights! You don't have to go to a game to be a real fan! You have to prove to me that a tshirt fan is bad!"). Now, tell me more about "the beauty of sports" :rolleyes:

9. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I want to hook (no pun intended) as many T-Shirt fans as possible for the UH while we are having this good run. Get a nice new stadium built, there are people in Houston who can afford to go to see the Coogs on Saturday AND the Texans on Sunday.....we just have to make it attractive for them.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Manchester has won the European Cup/Champions League 3 times in history. For context, Real Madrid has won 9 time, Milan 7 times, and Liverpool 5 times.

11. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I've come to the conclusion UH = Baylor.

Definitely not a knock on either school I think Baylor in CUSA is undefeated and UH in the Big 12 would drop a few however they're capable of beating anyone on their schedule. Both teams have QBs that should be invited to NYC.

Certainly it'd be a upset if UT wins but it wouldnt be shocking....

I've bought into the UH hype a little asked me a few weeks ago I'd say UT would win easily....

12. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Some of you are being real asswhipes especially for a team who is losing their best and most important player. Maybe if case was a junior it would be different but in a year this board will go back to the dedicated few UH fans that stick with the team no matter what.

QdoubleA, you're being an idiot. You really don't like UH t shirt fans? You would turn your nose at the city of Houston embracing the coogs? Are you going to screen the stadium doors or bash in the TVs of non alums? How many donors of the stadium are alums? You going to refuse money from anyone else? Or maybe it says something about a program when non alums want to wear the colors. What is so wrong about a native houstonian buying a UH sweatshirt? If you think UH doesn't count hoodie sweat shirts especially when they are trying to raise money you are delirious.

You said something dumb and were called out on it and you and that other poster have just been acting like asses.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

No offense, but these two teams are actually very different.

Houston's defense is superior to Baylor's in every aspect, especially the pass rush and coverage. Keenum and Griffin are two Heisman candidates but their games are not similar at all. I couldn't see UH losing more than 2 games in this year's Big 12. I couldn't see Baylor going undefeated in CUSA, too undisciplined and way too lax on D in such an offensively dominated conference.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Agreed. I think Griff was the only other QB that deserved the Heisman, but his concussion took him out of the race sadly. Dude is sick, definitely a better pro prospect than Case, but shouldn't beat him out in the Heisman vote.

Baylor V UH would be an awesome game, complete shoot out. I think that's a much better debate than this years Horns.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Because they've played far worse teams; meanwhile Baylor has played the best offensive teams in the country (except houston). Accordingly their adjusted ratings aren't very different: UH 77, Baylor 86.

16. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I'd say 3 but 2 whats the difference. Its clear to me UH Baylor are the best teams in the state. (granted UT could leap Baylor next week)

I would love to see the big 12 winner matchup versus UH in a BCS game no idea if thats even possible....

Great seasons for both programs I'm curious to see how big the fall off is for these teams after they lose their great QBs....

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No offense, but this post wreaks of homerism. Our worst loss on paper is @A&M. That's a tougher environment than any game UH has played in all season.

Baylor has played 5 ranked teams. TCU, @Kansas State (not at the time), OU, @Ok State, @A&M (at the time), and we finish with Texas. UH has played zero ranked teams. Apples to oranges.

Baylor is the most balanced team in the country on offense. They're the only team in the nation that averages over 300 passing yards and 200 rushing yards per game. To think that Baylor wouldn't be undefeated in Conference USA is just silly. UH would be their only tough assignment.

18. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

No, I don't like Tshirt fans, people cheering for UH only because they are on top right now. Because guess what, when Case leaves, when we are not on top, the Tshirt fans will leave. I don't care for people embracing my university only when they can claim they are cheering for a winner. And your little rant about blocking people from getting into the stadium and accepting non donor money, what the hell are you talking about? What does that have to do with anything I said previously? And my god, I am not talking about actual merchandise sales, is that so hard to understand. Tshirt fan does not mean actual tshirts, literal tshirts. So exactly what dumb thing did I get called out on?

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I disagree with that ranking. We're not less than 10 spots better defensively than Baylor, that's ridiculous.

Baylor's average opponent is ranked only 17 spots higher on offense than ours, but they surrender 18 more points per game and yet we're only 9 spots better than them on defense? Not buying it.

(Edit: and after next week, when both teams play USM and UT, UH's average opponent rank will drop to 59th, while Baylor's will go up to 49th.... )

#119 DonnyMost, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^Comparing teams in the 2 leagues doesn't make much sense to me. The Big 12 is arguably the second best league in the nation with 5 teams in the BCS rankings.

I'm curious to see their opponent's defensive rankings. UH and Baylor are #1 and #2 in yards per game offensively.

#120 sammy, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011