1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UH Ranked as High as #24

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I risk my life all the time for that wonderful chicken at Frenchy's. It's well worth it.

2. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

In the five years I attended school at the UH main campus, those most dangerous thing I ran into was the weather.

3. MykTek

MykTek Member

the worst thing is ROADRAGE STUDENTS LOOKING FOR PARKING! ! !

4. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

http://uhcougars.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/110905aaa.html
    Cougars Land Three Basketball Players To Open 2005-06 Early Signing Period

Marcus Malone, Rob McKiver and Nic Mosley sign with Cougars for 2006-07 season.

Nov. 9, 2005

Houston, Texas - The first day of the early signing period left University of Houston head basketball coach Tom Penders with a sense of relief and excitement when he announced the signings of Marcus Malone, Rob McKiver and Nic Mosley for the 2006-07 season.

"We feel great because all three guys to whom we sent national letters of intent signed with us today," Penders said. "Signing periods is filled with a lot of anticipation and can be filled with a lot of sleepless nights if you don't sign the players you anticipated. Having gotten all three players to sign is quite a relief for us."

Malone, a 6-5 guard who Penders originally recruited out of high school, will play at Lee Junior College in Baytown, Texas, this season after averaging four minutes and one point in 20 games during his freshman season at DePaul in 2004-05. As a high school senior, he averaged 14 points, six assists and three steals per game while playing with current Cougar freshman forward Lamar Roberson at Domingez High School in Long Beach, Calif.

"We wanted Marcus badly out of high school, and if he had come here right away, I think he would have played 25 minutes per game last year," Penders said. "We are thrilled that Marcus will be here next year, and he is a left-handed player who is like a coach on the floor. He is a very smart and mature player who has great leadership abilities. He has played Division I basketball already and has the versatility to play all three spots on the perimeter. He is a great fit for our program."

McKiver is a 6-3 guard at San Jacinto College in Pasadena, Texas, after he played in 24 games at Providence College in 2004-05. He went to Providence after attending Winchendon School in 2004 and averaged 21 points, seven assists and 4.2 rebounds as a senior at Hill House High School in New Haven, Conn.

"Robert is an outstanding talent who also has Division I talent," Penders said. "He is a great shooter, who is a scorer first and comes from an area I am very familiar with. He went to a system that was not quite right for him at Providence. He is perfectly suited for our style of play. When he has the ball he is a good decision-maker but is more of a scorer than a true point guard. Like a lot of players who have excelled in my system, he has a lot of confidence. I do not think that I have met many kids with any more confidence than he has. He is a typical Connecticut basketball player, and when you say that as a coach, it is like someone in Connecticut saying a player is like a typical Texas high school football player. You know what you are getting. He is a legend in the state of Connecticut."

Mosley is a 6-8 center from Bellville High School, and is ranked among the Top 26 players overall in Texas after averaging 19.5 points, 11.2 rebounds and 5.4 blocked shots as a junior. He averaged 13 points and 12 rebounds during his sophomore season. Mosely also posted a third-place finish at the 2005 Texas UIL Class 3A State Track and Field Championships after clearing 6-6 in the high jump.

"Nic is a phenomenal athlete who is long armed and an excellent high jumper on the track team," Penders said. "I doubt that there are many high school forwards who have the shot blocking and scoring ability that he has. He is a scorer and knows how to score. When I watched the top post players in the state play this past summer, he was the best in terms of his overall ability to score and rebound. Nic is an extremely versatile and active player who can play two positions on the floor right now, and he is still growing."

The Cougars have four seniors on this year's roster, and Penders anticipates adding another player.

"All three of these players will be able to come in and play right away," Penders added. "We have four seniors who will play a lot of minutes this season, so there is plenty of time to fill. This is a good mix as a class between experience and youth at the same time. Nic gives us the youth and four-year projection, while Marcus and Robert give us some experienced players who have played at this level. It is a real bonus to get a junior college player who has Division I experience."

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Sam, the reason I hate going over there after dark is my concern for the well-being of others. For that reason I am for the erection of the fence. I am quite safe (and well armed) in my F150.

Step to texxx fool, you steppin' to death row.

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Also don't forget that the 3rd coast is starting to battle as well.

7. surrender

surrender Member

In my 6 hours on campus today, I was shot at, mugged twice, and raped in the library bathroom. True story. Damn 3rd ward

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I was assaulted with a graphing calculator while jogging at Rice today.

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Damn those TI-82s, they're nothing but trouble.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I will destroy you with my lethal sinusoidal curves, you mere mortal

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Penders assured the alumni that crime during games will be minimal, and that he will personally make sure that all the juco's will be on the court at that time. Paid in full. But afterwards, everyone has to watch their own back.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

USC is a pretty good school right?

And USC is right in the middle of South Central, Watts area, correct?

13. surrender

surrender Member

My eyes were assaulted by all of the ugly girls I saw while jogging at Rice last week.

14. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Maybe it was all part of a undercover Rice experiment.

How does it feel to be a girl

15. surrender

surrender Member

Heh, I've been to the cafeteria in those photos. My best friend lives in the dorm right next to it (Hanszen, IIRC)

16. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I love it that people of the likes of Gunn & Little Tex are scarred and intimidated of our inner city campus. You are supposed to be! That’s part of charm of home field & court advantage.
    Stick to your overrated, overprice, no good looking girls (that are straight), Birkenstock wearing, thick glasses, Volkswagen driving, yard dart throwing, calculator jacking, & no winning campus.

Go Coogs! Go!

17. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

what in the hell is going on at rice???? OMG!!! i did not need to see that website......must burn corneas....

18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Any Rice fan has no room to call any other schools arena or stadium a dump.That high school gym you play in is the only place I have ever attented a game where its 30 degrees outside and 140 inside.Their football stadium it took me 3 days to pull all of the splinters out of my rear end after watching a game there.

19. bigshea

bigshea Contributing Member

19 more days till zona

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Anyone have the schedule? Specifically the games played here?