1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UH apartments

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by thelasik, Jul 20, 2008.

1. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

My brother will be attending UH in the fall and is currently looking for housing (preferably a 2/2) near the med center/galleria area.

I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on specific apartments or know of any other areas that would be worth looking at. Any help will be much appreciated.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

How much rent is he looking to pay? Is he looking for furnished/unfurnished? Covered parking/garage?

3. thelasik

Looking to pay about 800 or so. Unfurnished and no covered parking is fine.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Live on campus.

It's the bessssst.

5. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

There are cheaper places closer to the campus. However it's the 3rd Ward and I know that scares some people. I've lived around there for years and I'm fine.

Why not just go to one of the neighborhoods and find a garage apt? There's a neighborhood right across the street from wheeler across from the towers. Try there, it's pretty safe there last I was there, and probably cheaper.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Live at home.

7. thelasik

That was his first option, but we live by Jersey Village, so the commute is pretty bad in the morning.