1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UH Alum To Tutor Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ryan17wagner, May 17, 2007.

1. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Phi Slamma Jamma member, Akeem Olajuwon, will have a couple of training sessions with Yao Ming. Olajuwon, who is scheduled to go overseas in June has expressed interest in training with Yao for some time and Yao has agreed to take up the offer. I'll report more when I hear it. I know last year, Akeem trained with Emeka Okafor and Big Baby Davis at The Hof on the UH campus.

Ignacio Salazar
    Sports, Houstonist.com

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

AND WHY THE HELL HAS YAO NOT TAKEN HIM UP ON HIS OFFER BEFORE??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!? And yes I know I am capitalizing every word. Yao, you big overgrown *&%**!! this is the DREAM, why the hell did he even have to express an interest????? You shoulda been on your hands and frigging knees BEGGING him to tutor you the minute you showed up in Houston. What the hell were u thinking

3. huynhct

huynhct Member

i thought they trained @ HBU wellness center last year...

4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

is this 20 years ago? Hakeem, not Akeem, right? Shouldn't a writer know this?

5. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

He's had obligations with the Chinese National team.

6. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

I like Akeem. Reminds me of the good 'ol UH basketball days. But Hakeem when I do the story on-line.

7. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

They did.

#7 TreeRollins, May 17, 2007
    Last edited: May 17, 2007
  8. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I agree. I thought it was at the southwest freeway wellness center too.

Anyways nice to see the dream give Yao some pointers.

9. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

I can't wait to see Yao doing the dream shake next year, instead of that boring old fade-away :D

10. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

Oh you are trying very hard to prove that you are very upset. You are so upset that you have to capitalize every single word and you are aware of it too. Right, you are upset. When hotballa is upset, he capitalizes all the alphabets. When hotballa is upset, he asks a question and then ends it with 10 '?'s and '!'s. We all get your point. You are very upset. You are upset, indeeds.

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

yes the annoyance is great. we've been hoping and wondering why the hell this frigging idiot hasn't worked with Hakeem yet. we used to think it was cuz hakeem didn't wanna tutor him, but it tuirns out Yao's just been turning down the greatest Center of our time's requests to work with him.

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

For hotballa:

[​IMG]

And:

[​IMG]

14. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Dream also works with Emeka Okafor, that'll be some fun for Yao, Okafor is pretty damn strong

15. pli777

pli777 Member

Did I miss something here? Where in the OP's post says that Yao has turned down a previous offer by Hakeem? I thought this is the first time Hakeem has offered.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

well, he would've since yao has revealed jvg didn't want him working with anyones else besides thibs or ewing.

17. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

LOL, I love it when guys talk like they knows everything and starts whinning when actually they know **** about why something has never happened.

18. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

yeah hotballa you seem to forget that yao had to go overseas each offseason because he did play in china before playing over here... use some common sense guy and stop bashing yao. i was pretty dissapointed too when i heard he didn't train with hakeem last year at HBU but get over it, he said he was planning on doing that this offseason. THE END?????

19. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Man, IMHO, you've just over-reacted to say something as idiotic like this. :rolleyes:

First of all, this is the first time Hakeem Olajuwon personally offered to work with Big Yao over the summer. In the past, he just said it thru the press that he would be interested to do so.

Secondly in the past 3 years since Hakeem Olajuwon publicly offered to train Yao Ming over the media, he was living in Jordan all thru the year, and would only be in USA for his training clinic by end of July. And Yao Ming would already be back in China. Their schedule just never clicked with each and other.

Thirdly, more importantly, how could Big Yao be working with the Dream for the past 2 summers when he was still recuperating from his surgery from his toe (2005 summer) and ankle (2006 summer)?

Fourthly, Big Yao NEVER declined the chance/offer from the Dream.

So just CHILL before dissing and bashing Big Yao. :mad:

20. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

awwwww man. i was hoping the UH Alum was Alton Ford :( :( :( :(