1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ugh... DWI crap

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Member

you are a bad human being. Have you ever heard someone's defense attorney blame the city's transportation when their client is on trial for vehicular manslaughter?

2. Fatty FatBastard

Absolutely incorrect. I drive safely whenever I can. But I can assure you, anyone who imbibes has done it if you live in Houston, including the police. As I've stated, I once went to a drinking party hosted by off-duty cops where there were 5 + cruisers out there. I seriously doubt they took cabs home.

The entire thing is ludicrous, and when I have options, I take them. But you still didn't answer my question. How can you say it is about safety and then stop all public transport at midnight (including the rail) instead of 3:00?

At least have the option available if you, as a city, are truly concerned about "safety." It is bullsh!t.

3. codell

codell Member

Why is the city responsible for getting drunks home?

Call a cab man.

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Member

Maybe they should close the bars at 11:30. Then by the time 12:00 rolls around and the city shuts down public transportation, all the drunkards will be home.

#24 Falcons Talon, Dec 21, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  5. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Member

People who think it's okay to drive after drinking should just kill themselves. At least that way they don't stand the chance to take innocent people with them.

6. Fatty FatBastard

I take a cab plenty, believe me. But the city should (and does) have a very easy option available.

I'm really missing how many people don't see this as a money-grab, and not a safety issue when such an easy, and cheap (for the city) , option exists?

7. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Member

Soooo, they're doing the right thing for the wrong reason...

8. Brando2101

Brando2101 Member

I'll say it again: Have you ever heard someone's defense attorney blame the city's transportation when their client is on trial for vehicular manslaughter?

Would you like the city to come to your house and wipe your ass when you run out of toilet paper too? You are expected to show some kind of individual responsibility. If you know that you have to drive yourself home at 3 in the morning, stop drinking at 12. If you don't want to do that, go in a big party with someone you know is not going to drink. Stop expecting the world to do take care of you.

9. Fatty FatBastard

They're doing it for money, plain and simple.

And now, if y'all will excuse me, I'm off to get my drink on at The Men's Club right now.

Don't worry. I left my car at some chicks house last night.

10. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

If the city is going to give me a ticket and throw me in jail for walking around with a ****ty ass... then yes.

FFB - it is a money grab - but its the world we're forced to live in...

11. Refman

Refman Member

So you are trying to rationalize driving drunk by making it the city's fault that you can't have a few without operating heavy machinery?

Classy.

12. jo mama

jo mama Member

anyone that refuses to submit to having the police draw blood from them for no reason is clearly a terrorist and should be waterboarded.

13. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member

I'm shocked that there are people that actually defend drinking and driving.

14. jo mama

jo mama Member

i think most people are against drinking and driving, but the issue here is the fact that the police will be pulling people over and drawing blood from them.

what if you go to a restaurant, have a beer and on the way home get pulled over for some b.s. reason like you didnt use a turn signal when switching lanes. cop smells that one beer on your breath and despite the fact that you tell the cop you only had one beer, they dont believe you and 15 minutes later you are getting a needle jammed in your arm.

15. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

"Person" not "People". Fatty is the only pea brain who defends this selfish, irresponsible, immature act. And he blames it on the city and calls it a money grab. Amazing. And his friends fire emails joking back and forth, as if drinking and driving makes you cool. Unbelievable.

I think this is great news. In Arizona, they have a 0 tolerance for drunk driving. We have a drunk driving task force, they are out every night, and they are in unmarked vehicles. They give you a breath test on the spot. First time offenders are getting 30 days in jail minimum with no plea bargains, and no work release programs. And the jail happens to be tent city, out in the desert. And you get your mug posted on a website for all the world and your employers to see. http://scottsdale.thedirty.com/?cat=10

Houston has been primitive with anti-smoking laws, they finally caught up with the times. Now they are trying to catch up on the drunken drivers. I think this is wonderful. There are responsible familes out on the roads, christmas is a time of giving and being around loved ones, the last thing any of us needs is some drunk ******* on the way home from a company christmas party slaughtering an innocent family. Kudos to Houston for cracking down on this. Jimbo sucks.

16. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

* Vomit *

17. updawg

updawg Member

Absolutely.
    Getting wasted at 3am is a right. Its not the drunk drivers fault that city services are shut down.

Drinking with off duty cops proves it.

KingCheetah likes this.
  18. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

You can avoid the needle in the arm by submitting to a breathalyzer test. If you're not drunk, it shouldn't be a problem, should it.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

There's another option you are forgetting about. Drinking at a house where you stay at and don't drive, or not drinking.

It's not the city's job to make it easy for you to get drunk. It would be nice if they did, and probably a good idea.

But man up and take some responsibility for yourself. It isn't the city's fault if you drive drunk. There is only person to blame for that, and it's you.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Does it need a title??

OPERATION: Over the Limit, Under Arrest!

OTLUA!

Rocket River