1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UFO Hunters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by giddyup, May 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. giddyup

giddyup Member

Anyone watch this show on The History Channel?

Wednesday at 10 PM ET. Link: http://www.history.com/minisites/ufohunters/

Last night they did an investigation into an event from October 1965 over Edwards Air Force base that lasted for about six hours and involved as many as 7 UFOs.

Check it out. Ironically, I think that something substantive that indicates we are not alone in the universe and need do a better job at cooperating is mankind's best political hope on Earth.

2. Lynus302

Lynus302 Member

I watch it every Wednesday.

Good stuff.

3. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Thanks, Ron...

4. giddyup

giddyup Member

Did you see the show that followed? It featured "encounters" that involved trace evidence. One lady "traded paint" with a basketball-sized object barreling down a country road toward her. The sample included several iron oxides and celluloid material. The chemist that analyzed it suspected that the object had been submerged in a farm pond.

There was another tale of a boy and his parents in Kansas. A landing there left residue that crystalized and left temporary numbness on those who touched it.

I have a keen interest in the USOs (Unidentified Submersible Objects). There was a big event back in the sixties in Maine. I'll try to find a link for it. I'm waiting for the Spielberg movie..

5. lpbman

lpbman Member

I'm 100% sure that intelligent life exists, or has existed elsewhere in the universe.

I'm just as sure that none of the above has ever been anywhere near Earth.

6. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

lol.... am I posting in another name without knowing or something??? This thread could've been conjoined with my other 2 or 3 UFO threads

7. Lynus302

Lynus302 Member

Oh yeah, I watched it. Wednesday's are a busy TV night for me: Monster Quest, UFO Hunters, and UFO Files. Its getting to the point where I've seen most of the UFO Files, though, which is a bummer. UFO Hunters is really good, and seems to be further igniting an already ignited field.

Wednesday's = monsters and aliens. Good stuff.

8. Phreak3

Phreak3 Member

Why are you so sure?

9. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

I'd rather hunt something else. :D

10. giddyup

giddyup Member

Good luck proving that MILFs exist...

11. lpbman

lpbman Member

I seriously doubt life is common place, and advanced life an order of magnitude less common. Earth has existed for a limited period of time, and so any visitors to Earth has to come from within a radius of 4 billion light years and an advanced life form must also develop within this time frame. Then Earth must be found, the decision made to visit Earth.

The most likely reason a foreign life form would visit Earth would be because they picked up radio transmissions, which have only been traveling for a hundred years or so. This means that an advanced life form must begin their journey from within 50 light years and then travel at a high % of the speed of light.

Pile all of those factors on top of each other, and the odds of such an event boggle the mind.

12. MadMax

MadMax Member

The only one doing new episodes at this point is UFO Hunters. I DVR Hunters and Monster Quest...hoping for new MonsterQuest episodes soon.

UFO Hunters is great...but Bill and his lackey are so over the top to assume everything unexplained most be alien life that it's silly. Still very interesting...and the stories they present are fantastic.

13. Mulder

Mulder Member

Leave it to the professionals people...

[​IMG]

:D