1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by LittleWilly, Jul 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. LittleWilly

LittleWilly Member

Help me with the ground game. I can strike and defend strikes, hell I can take them to the ground when they strike me. I just don't know what to do when I get 'em down.

Give me some advice please!

2. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Play the tutorial.

3. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Member

a lot

4. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

if yo're playing ground game, just ground and pound. You have to learn how to use the right analog stick to get better position.

Once you have mounted your opponent and you're sitting up, that's when you start pounding and continually string at the head while holding L1.

I'm not very experienced at the game, as I don't own it and jsut play it at my friend's house, but I seem to beat a lot of people who own the game with this style.

To do this, it's best that you choose a fighter with boxer/wrestling style and make sure that their strongest attributes on offense are striking, ground striking and takedown.

5. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Your goal on the ground is to get the top mount (a couple of major transitions should do the trick also watch for reversals and mix in a little ground and pound), drain his stamina by blocking his sweeps and transitions (hold the right stick to the left or right) and either pound away or go for the submission.

A boxing and wrestling fighter is pretty basic but effective. Personally I use boxing/kickboxing and Judo guys (Karo Parisyan). Learning to use Judo throws in the clinch effectively is probably the best way to take someone down and get a dominant position.

6. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

I've never noticed any judo fighters in the game.

can you list who they are in each weight class? I'd like to give them a go.

7. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Off the top of my head: Karo Parisyan (Welterweight), Kazuhiro Nakamura (Light Heavyweight).