1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC 148] Silva - Sonnen 2

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Commodore, Apr 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Silva will end this one pretty quick. By saying "I'm going to walk into you're house, slap you're wife on the ass, and tell her to cook me a steak"."Oh, and by the way, I like my steak medium rare", a chin-check is the least I expect. Oh well, we'll see tomorrow. This is gonna be good.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Agreed.

American but some of the stuff Sonnen has said goes too far, no wonder everyone thinks american's are cocky and arrogant...you take one good look at Chael and could easily come to that conclusion. I laughed after hearing this guy say "Whoever wins will truly be the best."

Nah brah. If you win most people will just say Anderson isn't in his prime and the his loss was more of a fluke. Silva win or lose will still be considered the best MMA fighter of all-time to many people.

3. VanityHalfBlack

So speaking the truth and being vocal is a bad thing now??? Am I missing something here??? The **** that comes out of Sonnen's mouth is freaking hysterical/poignant and entertaining... So his feelings are hurt, big whoop!!!! Ali talks smack to his opponent and it's freaking entertaining and hilarious, I don't see any difference with Sonnen....

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I have my doubts about Mike Dolce and his shed 20 pound in a day weight cut

If Sonnen comes in drained like he did for the Bisping fight he's going to get his face pummeled in the first 30 seconds.

5. VanityHalfBlack

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What the derp Sonnen by submission?

7. RockNRandy

RockNRandy Member

I don't like Sonnens comment towards Silva. I get in some sense. But still just not needed. Needs to let his ability nd fighting do the talking not his mouth.

With that said. Silva is the biggest Chump in the UFC.

Before this whole Sonnen hyped Silva Hype.

Silva was extremely disrespectful towards the UFC and his opponents

Silva would mock and taunt his opponents in the ring.

He has seems to change his ways but I don't think people should not take the fact that Silva is a chump or at best use to be a chump and do the exact same method Chael Sonnen is doing.

White almost kicked Silva out the UVC because Silva though he was bigger than the UFC, bigger than White.

They clashed many times.

Please tell me y'all remember that.

With that said. I am going for Sonnen. Even though he ran his mouth and mad stupid idiotic comments.

And I don't like Silva. I tip my hate to him. Silva is the best fighter in the UFC and possibly ever. I'm just ready for some one to knock him off his throne and it is evident that Sonnen can do that.

Now, my fight prediction is... That both will do great work.

Sonnen will not take Silva by surprise. I don't believe it will be a quick fight.

I see a absolute war. I do beileve the PPV payers will get there moneys worth.

I see a stoppage or a submission in the later rounds. At worse a decision in Silvas favor.

I don't see a highlight knock out by either fighter.

Both are too good.

Regardless it is going to be a great fight I do believe silva will win by a small to medium favor.

8. sew

sew Member

9. sew

sew Member

Sonnen submitting Silva/Kim submitting Maia - not happening :)

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Running your mouth is cool. Trash talking is cool. Taunting is whatever.

But when you talk about another man's country the way Sonnen has that crosses the line.

If Silva said some silly **** about America most of the people would be sending him death threats and no one would be cool with that. So It's not cool when Sonnen does it either.

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

no it doesn't

People talk **** about America all the time. Nobody cares.

12. sew

sew Member

Sonnen wants to get under your skin, that's why he has the act.

Love him or hate him, he's a ****ing genius.

13. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

He will look like a Idiot when his face gets caved in tonight by Silva

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah no one cares.

Once there was a wrestler called Muhammad Hassan. He came out on television and trashed America every week. You'd think "Wrestling is fake, this man is a American and no one is going to take this **** seriously..." yet that's exactly what happened, he received death threats and WWE had to drop the character all together.

If you ever run into Hakeem, maybe you should remind him how crappy his home country is when compared to America. I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

C'mon the every day foreigner can talk trash about America but if someone in the spotlight does so people would be outraged. Lets not act like Silva is the only one upset about Chael's persistence to disrespect that country.

He could keep his insults personal, keep it about Anderson without disrespecting an entire country. It's cheap and it's the same stuff Floyd does to sell his fights and build his name except Floyd makes racist comments.

15. 713

713 Member

what time are the prelims.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Philippou is really good -- fun to watch as well -- he can KO anybody with one punch.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

this card is pretty solid.

Looking forward to the main card, I like the matchups.

18. ILoveTheRockets

money mendes is going down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. sew

sew Member

Agreed. Great stand up and amazing take down defense.

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Woooo! I made it home in time to watch! This is one I'm paying for on TV. Stoked!!!