1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UFC 135 official -- Jones vs. Rampage

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by KingCheetah, Jun 9, 2011.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

is that what he said? I didn't watch the post-match interview. I thought he had some success when he was working Bones' pencil thin legs.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Hahahhahaah.... Shogun was like a rag doll, just tossed around like nobody's business...

3. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

I nominate one of these fighters to beat Jones
    [​IMG]:grin:

4. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Bones is too big and too skilled. Rashad is just another BS title contender that will lead to another 1 sided title fight. The only logical fight is Jones vs Silva because its lose-lose for the UFC any other way. Eventually Silva or Jon Jones is going to get caught with a stray right because they are careless out there with their arroganceknowing they can b**** slap their opponent whenever they please and when that happens the UFC will lose a great champion. The 2 match up well..make it happen Dana, scrap the Rashad fight!

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

It's all about wrestling in the UFC nowadays.

Evans is a good wrestler, he has some good kicks too, and you know he has Jones scouted.

We'll see, but Jones is going to win again most likely.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Rogan asked Rampage why he didn't kick as much since that seemed to be working. Rampage said he was worried Jones would take him down with his wrestling skills.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

idk..Shogun proved the way to beat Machida is to hit him before he can get out of the pocket. With Jones' reach, he could do that for 25 minutes no problem. As for Anderson his weakness is obviously his wrestling and Chael Sonnen gave him problems because he is physically big and strong with a solid wrestling background...Jones is just like a monster version of Sonnen with abnormal reach (he had nearly a 1 ft reach advantage on Rampage) and he's just so big. The reason Anderson got caught by Sonnen on the feet because he was so aware of the takedowns..really Jones is just on another level and has yet to show any weakness.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Josh and Matt exchanging punches and no wrestling? That match was swuut!

And Jones. the ****, he's like Silva, just a spider monkey. I've never seen Rampage get trolled like that. The "look away then POP!", total Silva. And this dude is only 24???

The UFC is in great shape. Awesome fight, elbows and blood and I'm not even upset my favorite fighter lost.

BTW- Evans is going to get murdered by Jones.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love Rampage, I think he is a great fighter. You have to be completely awed at the exhibition that Jones put on.

I will have to see him get beat to believe it...

10. dragician

dragician Member

Jones is not wearing mouthguard?

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Jones is a damn freak of nature

Theres no way to beat that reach and creativity. Rampage did okay, at least he made Bones run away like a little girl on a couple of occasions. That said Jones will be champ for a long time, Maybe Rashad and Machida can give it a shot, but fingers crossed.

12. sew

sew Member

Damn, too good.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I saw him take it out to drink water -- I wonder if he forgot to put it back in [NTHIRM]?

_____

Rampage could do nothing, but throw some bombs and hope for the best. Overall, a terrible card -- UFC is putting on too many events and is getting thin on talent.

Machida has the best chance IMO to beat Jones, but that isn't saying much.

14. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Whatever happened to Brock Lesnar? Wasn't he supposed to be the face of UFC.

15. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

jones put the mouth guard back in right after the splash of water. He wasn't fighting without it.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/ca...Lo8KOE8BT0AG4.gYTYo14?urn=mma-wp7288#comments

heh Jones using the Battier face guard

You could tell it was bothering Rampage

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Jones looked good but he seemed frustrated at times that he couldn't overpower rampaged or hurt him with strikes upstairs.

Don't sleep on Rashad. He is probably the most strategic 205 guy in the UFC. Add that to the facts that he has trained with Jones AND he is an active fighter with great head movement (Jones is used to stationary targets) and this fight is going to be closer than many think it will be.

18. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

Missed on the round, but called the rest.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He had a foot of his colon cut out and he's not that good -- returning at the end of the year though.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Maybe the Denver Air got him . . .
    or he just was not in as good a shape.

Rocket River