1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(UFC 124) St-Pierre vs. Koscheck 2

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RoxSqaud, Dec 7, 2010.

1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

The stand up is pretty awful for both fighters. GSP is doing solid though.

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Exactly what I wanted. Josh is a spoiled little b**** who deserved to get his ass beat.

3. Rocketman2002

Rocketman2002 Member

Yea, Kos is a d!ck and I want to see him get KO, but I expect a little more better fight.

4. LonghornFan

They should stop this. This is like Bully Beat Down on MTV. Not even fair.

BWAHAHA!

5. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

St-Pierre time with Pacquioa and Freddie Roach really helping his punching.

6. gambingo

gambingo Member

So.....when is Jose Aldo fighting? THis ish is putting me to sleepl......

7. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

GSP put on a clinic. He destroyed Koscheck.

8. LonghornFan

Most jabs I have ever seen. Just beautiful how GSP can change his game from fight to fight. Best ever imo.

9. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

GSP so classy/humble. love it

10. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Yeah I never seen that many jabs thrown in a MMA fight ever. I didn't think he would keep the fight standing the whole time. You can see how much his time with Freddie Roach has helped. It is pretty scary how he is still evolving as a fighter.

11. Defy9

Defy9 Member

GSP proves once again why he is the best!!

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

People picking against GSP :confused: Do you people realize that this guy is a great great fighter. He can beat guys anyway he wants too. Dude is amazing.

13. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

P4P Best: GSP

14. sew

sew Member

think of how hilarious this Shields fight is going to be

15. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

Everyone seems to have their idea of what's boring or not. I see fighters that are constantly trying to throw punches, unlike some other fights where they circle each other all day. Anyone who actually understands MMA should know that GSP's style and game plan is a picture-perfect art form. He can beat you at your own game, and he'll come up with strategies that are so pin-point it's bizarre. Generally, people talk about stand ups, take-downs, wrestling, grappling, etc. GSP's plans basically worked on taking away the strong points of opponents, how to throw punches, where to throw punches, how to set things up, and how to prevent the opponent from getting lucky (at least since Serra's first fight against him) All night, he continued to work on Kos's right eye. He used inside leg kicks from his left in order to defend. He jabbed with his left hand to keep Kos defending with his strong hand. GSP weakened the front leg of Kos, and continued to circle to his right in order to avoid walking into Kos's right hand. He kept his distance and was able to hit the exact same spots over and over again. Whenever Kos gets close, the jab puts him back. Not to mention, he controlled the positioning of the fight and on the grappling throughout the entire fight. He was pinned against the cage for about 10 seconds at best for the entire fight.

Fighters generally don't just stand in and throw haymakers. At least, the good fighters generally don't do that because the percentages are against you winning repeatedly. Also, not many people are dumb enough to just walk into punches just to throw their own. Being able to dominate match after match without losing a round in 3 years (according to ESPN, not sure on accuracy) is nothing short of spectacular. He would probably have the advantage if he decided to play it any other way, but he has a game plan and almost always, he executed it perfectly.

3 people like this.
  16. LonghornFan

And....repped!

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm a big GSP fan and still is

But i do think he became more conservative after getting caught by Serra, it's probably a good thing cuz he's dominating, But i do like to see him a but more aggressive

I mean he could have made more of an effort for a KO in the 4th and 5th when Koscheck was pretty much blind in one eye

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

More likely to happen:
    GSP vs Anderson Silva
    or
    Pacman vs Mayweather?

19. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I doubt either will ever happen, but the UFC bout's more likely... Money Mayweather's legitimately scared of Pac, and will never stand toe to toe with the Congressman.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I really enjoyed the fight, not sure what else GSP could have done, he was aggressive for 5 rounds and stood with Kos like people wanted.