1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(UFC 124) St-Pierre vs. Koscheck 2

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RoxSqaud, Dec 7, 2010.

1. jae713

jae713 Member

Gsp beat Bj on the ground. Bj is not the athlete that Josh is. I think his best chance to win is to keep it standing.

2. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

GSP for the win.

3. Defy9

Defy9 Member

GSP all the way...

Firstly I can't see how Koscheck would have a striking advantage considering how much GSP has done, secondly Koscheck is meant to be a great wrestler, yet in previous fights GSP controlled Koscheck through out.

I hate JK and I hope GSP makes him look foolish.

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

B.J. begs to differ... he earned the fastest black belt in history, and won the world championship in 2000 as the #1 black belt on the face of the Earth; he's a freak:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eXoqfIU0C6Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eXoqfIU0C6Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

5. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I hope St-Pierre destroys Koscheck.

6. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

GSP's preparation, attitude, and mindset going into this fight gives him a clear advantage IMO. His non-stop motor won't hurt either.

Kos is going to be so geared up to beat GSP in Canada that I think he's going to gas halfway through the first round. I see GSP taking his time on the ground after that and methodically kicking the crap out of him.

7. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I haven't watched a lot of UFC, but every time I catch a PPV with friends, it is really disappointing.

The last PPV I saw was the one where Rampage Jackson fought another black guy in the main event. How would that UFC PPV stack up in comparison to the average show?

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm pulling for GSP but I have a feeling Koscheck is going to make this a VERY tough fight. I have GSP by decision but he is in for a long night.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Rampage/Rashad is pretty much considered one of the worst cards of the year I think.

125 is going to be awesome.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

man you aren't kidding. i am a pretty hardcore fan of mma and the UFCs have been pretty bland decision/point fighting lately. the last 5 UFC events have had 25 main card fights and 19 of them have gone to decision. the book makers are projecting another night of decisions with 4 of the 5 fights expected to go to decision. the mccorkle v struve fight is the only one expected to actually have a finish and i do think it will be a great fight.

dana white needs to do something different. he needs either much bigger fight, sub, and ko of the night bonuses or just have finish bonuses for ko's and subs. on top of that the judging desperately needs to be fixed. the scoring is terrible and it needs to be modified for mma not boxing.

11. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Yeah I definitely agree. Rampage/Machida was such a bad matchup because of their contrast in styles. I actually enjoy watching GSP but I can understand how a lot of people can find his style boring. Did you see StrikeForce last weekend? All the matches ended in a KO.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They all ended in KO because Strikeforce set up a bunch of mismatches.

13. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Edgar vs. Maynard?

eh...I'll watch....but 126 is the one you don't wanna miss.

[​IMG]

14. sew

sew Member

UFC 125

Main card

Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar (c) vs. Gray Maynard
    Middleweight bout: Chris Leben vs. Brian Stann
    Light Heavyweight bout: Brandon Vera vs. Thiago Silva
    Welterweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Dong Hyun Kim
    Lightweight bout: Clay Guida vs. Takanori Gomi

126 will be sick too.

15. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Bones Jones is going to be a force in MMA over the next 2-3 years... he has the longest reach in the UFC, and he's very unpredictable/wild in the octagon. Spinning elbows, high kicks, etc.

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Heads up for those who plan on streaming this fight. Word is the UFC is going to be cracking down hard here so you might want to have multiple ones at your disposal

17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yep. I will be going to that one

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

GSP beat Koscheck on the ground. He basically beat Kos at his own game and Kos couldn't do a damn thing about it. I'm not saying it'll happen again, but...

I'm for GSP. He won me as a fan during this TUF season where he and Kos were coaches. Oddly enough, I never really hated Kos until that season.

I hope GSP humiliates him, but I think Kos will be a better, more well-rounded fighter this time. I hope it's an entertaining fight whether on the ground or stand-up.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

GSP will be super pumped for Kos and that will be trouble. Yeah, Kos was such a jerk on the Ultimate Fighter. I don't know if it was an "act" or he really is that annoying. I think most UFC fans wants GSP to beat him down. Anyway, does someone have a link?

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

What round is Koscheck gonna fake a hit to the eye?