1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(UFC 114) Rampage vs. Evans

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RoxSqaud, May 25, 2010.

1. Wakko67

Wakko67 Member

Well that's the thing, he doesn't focus. With his takedown defense, stand up game and chin he should be doing what he wants. Plus he's not a bad wrestler. I think this was mostly ring rust, but he didn't really bring it vs Forrest either.

The next fight we see him in will be better, but how versatile he becomes remains to be see. He's still only like 29. He's gotta get that focus though.

2. M.A. Dub

M.A. Dub Member

Looks like your right on.

http://sherdognet.craveonline.com/index.php#http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1234368678&v=wall&story_fbid=126002354086897&ref=mf

from Machida's Facebook:
    "just got a call i will fight rampage in september because griffin will still not be ready yet. I am confident with this fight."

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Diego Sanchez is one of the few I can think of.

4. DaDream

DaDream Member

awesome!!!!

5. Smokey

Smokey Member

Knock out or tap out...absolutely. Especially for title fights. I'm sick and tired of fights being decided by judges.

6. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

I know they used to do that when the UFC first started. Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock went at it for so long that they had to call one of their matches a draw.

7. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

That's more like it. Machida!

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Diego wasn't impressive on Saturday night. Amazing how 15lbs can make a guy go from dominant to horrible (he fought at 170).

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'd agree to this to an extent. But some of these guys gas out so quickly, and clinching until rounds end to stave off a comeback (assuming he's ahead in a round) is still a legit strategy. I don't like decisions because they can get it completely wrong despite seeing the whole fight moments ago. I also don't want to see it go another 3 rounds when they're already leaning on top of each other and one guy wins because he didn't punch himself to exhaustion.

Yeah pretty bad showing, he should stick to dominating at 155 and hoping Penn doesn't win his title back first. Is there a Penn Edgar 2 setup yet?