1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(UFC 114) Rampage vs. Evans

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RoxSqaud, May 25, 2010.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If Machida knocked Evans out that bad, think of what Shogun can do.

2. Wakko67

Wakko67 Member

Add to that, Rampage and Silva both had him and didn't take it. This dude's chin is developing a reputation worse than Paris Hilton. Usually you can pay a lot less on pay-per-view to see someone go down.

Seriously though, Shogun's too smart to not take it decisively. Just a matter of time.

3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Rampage was my favorite fighter for a long time ESPECIALLY in Pride.

He needs to regroup and get in better shape.

He had Evans but just could not finish him which is unfortunate.

I'm wondering who he will face next...

4. Asian Sensation

For those questioning who Rampage will fight next.... I think Rampage vs. Machida would be a huge draw and a very exciting fight.

5. M.A. Dub

M.A. Dub Member

It's been rumored that Machida is fighting Forrest at 119. I read that on Sherdog so take it for what it's worth.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

not trying to shoot the messenger, but i give that a 0% chance of happening then. forrest just had his shoulder surgery...no way he is ready to fight by september. maybe october if everything goes great, but the thing is forrest isn't even starting his physical therapy on that shoulder until mid july. i hope he doesn't try to come back too early.

7. Asian Sensation

Regardless of this rumor being true or false....

Can Forrest just go away? Forever? Please? He's an overrated no talent ass clown that hasn't had an exciting fight since his fight with Stephen Bonner that put him on the UFC map. His most exciting fights are the ones where he is getting Knocked the F out. His victorious are less than impressive with lame decision victories or a lucky submission which are few and far between. His last KO/TKO victory was in UFC 55 which was almost 5 years ago over some sorry ass Aussie named Elvis who has more losses than wins. When will Dana and UFC realize that Forrest is NOT freaking headline material?

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I don't think any TUF winner has been that impressive. Grove was cut, Bisping's most famous KO was his own, Diaz just made a sham of the sport, Rashad redeemed himself I guess. I don't know if Nelson can dent heavyweight but that season was a joke anyways.

9. Wakko67

Wakko67 Member

You're right, none have been impressive.

10. verti89

verti89 Member

It wasn't really boring grappling it was more like one man holding another guy against the fence. Very little dirty boxing or knees or takedown attempts even which until the very end Rampage did stuff. If you want to watch the replay you can watch the first minute and the 3rd round everything else was...lame. This did NOT look like a fight between 2 guys that hate eachother like the Tito/Liddell fights.

11. DaDream

DaDream Member

Well that was pretty well said Wakko. I had a feeling that ring rust would be an issue w/ rampage. I think you are selling Evans a little short. I don't think he will win the title again but he is good and has skill and def faster than Rampage.
    That being said , Shogun will kick his ass. LOL.
    I haven't even thought about a sig. Just put something glorifying my name. LOL.
    We can do this again next UFC and give you a chance to get me back :)

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Rampage was horrible and Rashard definitely had a game plan that he executed. That fight turned me off of UFC just a little bit more. I watch UFC to see two guys enter the cage and go toe-to-toe. Now we have UFC fighters (named Rashad Evans) who don't want to fight, they want to strategize their way to a win without really mixing it up.

Agreed with the poster that said Rashad will be a second tier heavyweight. The dude's chin is made of glass and he has marginally more knock out power than Betty White. He will forever lose to any fighter who has knock out power and the patience not to fall for his lame-ass runaway style of fighting.

Rampage looks done. If he isn't smart enough to evolve with the sport he won't ever be even a top 5 light heavyweight. The days of cocking your right hand back and just running at a guy hoping for a home run punch are gone.

13. sew

sew Member

Anybody else dig Rashad's fighting style? Ape technique?

14. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Obviously, now Evans faces Shogun.
    If Evans beats Shogun....then who faces Evans for the title?

15. Wakko67

Wakko67 Member

Agree on all fronts. You got it, next one we'll do it again. Ha!

Dave_78 - I think Rampage can regain his status as one of the best, if he wants to. That's the key though.

16. Wakko67

Wakko67 Member

I'd say let The Spider at him. Either that r any of the rematches would be good. Machida, Rampage or Thiago Silva would be fun to watch again. I wouldn't favor Evans in any of those.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

They should fight until someone is knocked out...

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He reminded me of this guy:
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RpTNH1hbbF0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RpTNH1hbbF0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

At the very least make all fights five rounds to give the guys who actually want to fight more of an opportunity to catch up with the ones that just want to dance in and out and run.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If he wasn't motivated for this fight I can't think of what would motivate him. He has to realize that he loses because he spends the entire fight headhunting instead of working the body or mixing things up a bit with kicks. I'm very disappointed because it's obvious to me that he has so many more physical tools than the other light heavyweights but he just doesn't put them all together.