1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Udonis Haslem busted for Drugs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Artestsuckskobe

Brooks does.....
    thats a fact, dont need sources but he and okafor blow it up...

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And you live in Austin. Go figure! Half the city council are casual users. We've had mayors, recently, who are casual users. Remember The Third Coast? You seriously believe that the tens of thousands who've moved here over the last couple of decades from California to work in tech related fields don't consist of a very large percentage of casual users? That a large percentage in your own field, game development, aren't casual users? Honestly, DD, I'm more than a bit surprised that you seem to honestly believe what you wrote about this subject. And I'm not saying if it's good or bad, just as the several people I know who love their single malt scotch, often to excess, are good or bad, as long as they aren't getting behind the wheel and driving.

Just try and keep your ears clean. Having your head in the sand can clog those suckers up! ;)

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

While I disagree with DD saying most adults don't smoke weed I think some of you are just going at him because he's DD. He hasn't really said anything bad in this thread. Truth is if you want a good job you're going to have to stop smoking unless you want to risk giving your money up. If a job does random drug testing there is no way I would risk my job in this economy just to smoke weed.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

LOL- wanna stir up a hornets nest - insult pot smoking.

You guys go on with your smoking.....have fun, come back to me in oh, about 10 years each and see where you are.

I will bet most of you will have moved on, from it.....

As I said, I don't care about college guys or guys just after doing it....have fun, just be careful, I am just saying that as life goes on, you end up giving it up.....you will see.

Until they make alcohol illegal, or decriminalize pot, then they are not equal in stupidity.

And yes, lots of folks that work for me partake in the smokeage, I don't actually care, as long as they do their job, but for the most part, those folks are also not exactly bristling with acheivement either.

Big statement Deckard, how do you know this?

DD

#104 DaDakota, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That's cool.

Yes, we can definitly agree with that.

DD

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why, I haven't the faintest idea. If I had the faintest idea, I certainly wouldn't post it on a message board. You can believe me, or not.

7. Htown's2kFinest

I don't smoke but really, who are you to judge someone that smokes it calling them this and that? you just end up sounding like an ass

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I am the judge and jury baby.....didn't you get the memo?

;)

Look, I don't care if you smoke, doesn't bother me one bit, just realize that you are taking a big risk, as it is against the law.

If it is decriminalized (which I think it should be BTW)...then it will be on par with alcohol.

I do like all the folks taking my comments about mar1juana as a personal attack and immediatly start calling me fat, or drunk as a way of making themselves feel better.

Look, if you smoke....who ****ing cares? All I am saying is that as you get older (as a general rule) most people give it up.

Now go hit the bong, or dugout, or whatever you kids do these days.....and chillax !

DD

#108 DaDakota, Aug 16, 2010
  9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

You know why? Because people don't think its fair. Alcohol is so accepted that its almost disturbing. Its all fine and dandy to go out and drink as much as you want and throw up all over yourself. But if you enjoy smoking weed, you're an unmotivated loser who will go nowhere in life. How is smoking weed past age 30, any worst than drinking alcohol past age 30? The only thing alcohol has on mar1juana is that its legal ($$$).

As for Udonis and other NBA players who get caught, why not grow themselves? They have a big ass house, why not cut the middle man out for safety reasons and grow for personal use.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Then work on decriminalizing it, life is not fair, but we are a republic, we can do something about the laws, work to get them changed.

Maybe if all those acheiving pot smokers that you guys are mentioning would get off the couch and work to changing the laws, it would happen.

;)

I would vote for decriminization of it....but I would also vote for tougher DUI laws if caught using it....so it is a double edged sword, I guess.

Haslem is now saying he didn't know, and that the pot belonged to a passenger of his, whom also told the police it was his.

And they might impound his car......

DD

#110 DaDakota, Aug 16, 2010
  11. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Problem is, the system of checks and balances in America lends itself to ridiculous waiting times for reforms of any kind.

Also, direct democracy is astonishingly rare, so I doubt you'd ever have a referendum on the topic-basically, people are never going to vote for decriminalization, at least directly.

If there was a referendum though, I have a sneaky idea that pot would win out-which perhaps is why there never will be one.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

California is changing their laws, Alaska allows it, doesn't Oregon too?

If you make the laws about usage or possession so minor it does the same thing as totally legalizing it.

Look, if so many folks are using it, so many acheivers...like politicians, than eventually it will be changed right?

Or, could it be that most people stop using it as they get older, and have more important stuff to worry about?

DD

13. brosef

brosef Member

Brad Miller is a known smoker and has failed NBA drug test in the past. still cool with me though cause weed doesnt hurt anyone

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

You don't think they've been trying? NORLM (National Organization for the Reform of mar1juana Laws) have been around since 1970. It's not that easy, especially since the majority of the country has been misinformed about mar1juana for years. It also doesn't help that the President laughs it off as a joke when it was the #1 question asked by the internet audience.

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

They aren't misinformed, pot smoking is bad for you, any kind of smoking is bad for you.

It is just not as popular as some of the younger people posting on this website think it is.

If the country was run by 20 somethings then I am sure it would be legal.....

And the President knows not to touch that question......lots of voters don't even use the internet.

DD

16. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

People give it up cause they HAVE TO so they can keep there job. If it was legal, I am more than positive many more adults above the age of 30 would casually do it.

And even if it was legal, it would not be on par with alcohol. mar1juana is no where near as dangerous as alcohol.

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That is a massively generalistic statement, most of the folks I know gave it up because it just did not fit into their lives anymore.

There was no more reason to get high. Basically they grew up.

And alcohol is legal, but your statement about it being worse than mar1juana is odd....

I would love to see that proof, from an unbiased source, please.

Here is one from a doctor who tries to answer the question of whether smoking pot is bad for you

Some key points in the article:

Is it true that it makes you infertile? In men, mar1juana causes decreased serum testosterone levels, sperm count, and sperm motility. This may lead to decreased libido (interest in sex) and impotence. An increased risk of infertility may result from changes in semen characteristics seen with mar1juana smoking.

In women, chronic pot use causes shorter menstrual cycles and increased prolactin levels which may impair fertility.

Can you have withdrawal symptoms if you stop smoking pot? Yes, if you are a chronic user you may have withdrawal symptoms after abrupt cessation. mar1juana withdrawal begins within ten hours of the last dose and consists of irritability, agitation, depression, insomnia, nausea, anorexia, and tremor. Most symptoms peak in 48 hours and last for five to seven days. Some symptoms, such as unusual dreams and irritability, can last for weeks.

What about lung problems, will it cause lung disease? The association between tobacco smoking and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) HAS been established. Longterm pot smoking is associated with many symptoms of obstructive pulmonary disease: airflow obstruction, chronic cough, bronchitis, and decreased exercise tolerance. Regular smokers of three to four mar1juana cigarettes per day experience cough, wheeze, and sputum production and exhibit abnormalities in the lungs equivalent to those who smoke approximately 20 tobacco cigarettes per day.

BTW - for those thinking pot smoking among adults is widely PREVELANT....

Among adults in the U.S., the prevalence of use has remained 4 percent since the early 1990s.

DD representing the silent 96%

DD

#117 DaDakota, Aug 16, 2010
  18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Obviously, smoking is not healthy. But to say people have not been misinformed is ridiculous. How do you think it became illegal in the first place? It wasn't always illegal. For starters, the cotton industry saw hemp as a threat because they were a major competitor. Enter the anti-mar1juana propaganda and here we are now.

19. Codeo

Codeo Member

Fertility - First, she didn't provide a link to the study, or exactly how much mar1juana affects these things. Someone who has been in the high state of mind, knows that they become horny as can be. She continues to make points that it affects fertility, but does not provide any information on the extent of it.

Withdrawal - Once again, not seeing any proof behind what she is saying. I have smoked mar1juana nearly every day this summer, and now that I am visiting my parents I have not had contact with it in the last 2 weeks. I have felt nothing near what she is describing, and I have taken many breaks before for sports and vacations. Maybe I am not the norm, but I am friends with too many potheads and never once have they related to any of these when withdrawing.

Lungs - Have you heard of a bong? Or a vaporizer? I'm guessing not. Joints are hell on your lungs, and most smokers should know that. Hell I even had a joint phase for most of my senior year, and never had any coughing/wheezing problems. Not all forms of mar1juana intake are the same.

20. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Jeez...take those to D&D