1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Udonis Haslem busted for Drugs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Aug 15, 2010.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

How is it stupid?

and YOU changed the "topic at hand" when you started calling mar1juana stupid and what not. and you still didn't answer my question. Have you tried it?

P.S. It would be nice if you would stop editing your post so I could respond.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Here is some data for you Mary Jane abusers.

http://www.studentdrugtesting.org/normal-mar1juana%20brain%20images.jpeg

I am sure that is the other guy though.

Look, do what you want......just don't drive.

And yes, I think it is stupid.

DD

3. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Get your facts straight. I can use Google too...

http://www.drugpolicy.org/mar1juana/factsmyths/#brain

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you grow out of drinking alchohol? If you keep everything in moderation, I don't see the problem, or why it is considered stupid. Obviously eating 100 donuts, smoking 100 blunts, and drinking 100 margaritas is a bad idea, and stupid.

I don't see why mar1juana is any different than the above mentioned. Just keep it in moderation...

5. HombreDeHierro

screw prohibitionists. power to Udonis :grin:

6. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I play games better while high.

Food taste better while high.

Sex is better while high.

Movies are funnier while high.

I actually drive better while high.

Weed puts everything in a different perspective....and it sometimes makes me realize things I have overlooked while sober. (only weed smokers might can relate)

Smoking too much is stupid. (If you can't easily afford it)

Smoking at/before work is stupid. (Job> Weed)

I'm amusing you haven't smoked weed....aside from you trying it a few times. (everyone has)

It's really not that bad....and I think it helps some things.

I think people should just focus on knowing when it's the right time to have a clear mind....but it's not like weed clouds your head up.

7. HombreDeHierro

This. It's sad how 90% of baby boomers today are brainwashed because their parents lived through the times of Reefer Madness....

political agendas and propaganda are going to destroy the world

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0oDc--yrWQc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0oDc--yrWQc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

9. Codeo

Codeo Member

http://www.iowatelecom.net/~sharkhaus/driving.html

I'm on your roads, driving better than you.

10. soydeedo

soydeedo Member

Earlier in the night, ESPN's site said that it was under 20g, so it was a 1st degree misdemeanor. After reading your quote, I went back to the story to quote it to let you know, but found that the article's been updated to say that it was in fact OVER 20g which is "a third-degree felony which could bring maximum punishments of a $5,000 fine and a five-year prison sentence."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5466256

Sucks to be him, but I have to agree with some of the other posters on this board; what are you doing driving yourself around stoned when you're that rich? Then again, he probably wasn't thinking straight either...

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i never said i was successful, just that i had no complaints. maybe i could make more in a corporate job (probably not in this economy), but i measure my 'success' by the fact that i have a job which allows me to work out of my house, make my own hours and take vacations when i want. i have deadlines to meet, but i am my own boss - as long as i get what i need to get done on time its all good.

are you still talking about doobie or hard drugs b/c i dont know anyone who took the mar1juana highway to death or ruin. i have friends who took the cocaine highway or the alcohol highway to death or ruin, but the mar1juana highway is smooth sailing.

sure, i know stoners who are lazy, flaky and unmotivated, but i know just as many non-smokers who are too.

can we at least agree that haslem is a dumbass?

12. jo mama

i cant believe 20 grams is a felony in florida!

even if its some high-grade kb like i get here in austin its no more than $300 worth - how can that be a felony? how much does it cost the taxpayer to incarcerate this non-violent offender for up to 5 years?

either way, total dumbass for driving around smoking. no excuse for that.

13. StanleyHartwell

Actually i agree with you that most of the successful people in life are not on the coach slamming the bong.

Neither are they making hundreds of posts a day on an internet forum.

14. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Smoking weed in backyard is fine. And Haslem will never get caught for that. But having 20 gram in possession is illegal in Florida. A law is a law. You don't break it because you don't like it. You can't argue a speeding ticket by claiming you didn't have an accident. That's just the way it is.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

My thoughts and hopes exactly!!

16. snc

snc Member

If I were DD I would buy a lottery ticket. The law of averages suggests he is bound to be right about something by now.

1 person likes this.
  17. Codeo

Codeo Member

Based on your views on law, I'm not sure how you think smoking weed in the backyard is okay. Is that not a crime? Are you saying it's only fine because the chance to get caught is so low?

"One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Stop being so freakin judgemental.

We've seen you posting vids wasted off wine. You drink and eat unhealthy. That's pretty stupid, imo.. :)

Whether you like it or not, there are many benefits associated with smoking medicinal grade mar1juana. It reduces the chance of getting stress related illnesses. It's known to enhance both sides of the brain. That's why writers & artists smoke and it helps elevate their work. I won't get into more but there are plenty of other benefits.

With this being said, it's still not for everyone. If you handle your biz, smoking bud isn't a big deal.

#98 sammy, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  19. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I'm sorry, but this had me cracking up! LOL! :grin:

DD, Clutchfans favorite whipping boy.

20. jo mama

r. kelly is pretty successful.

"embedding disabled by request", but do yourself a favor and watch this video - this is basically how my life is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lawAKzyqvoU