1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

U.S. set to host 2016 Copa America

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DrLudicrous, May 1, 2014.

1. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/05/01/4090046/us-set-to-host-2016-copa-america.html

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek:

They never cho$e u$ a$ a ho$t. I wonder why...

$incerely,
    [​IMG]

:(

GOOD NEW$, yank$. $ee y'all at the game$.

3. SexyButIgnorant

Awesome! Already got my Chile jersey ready. God I hope they come to either BBVA or NRG Stadium.

4. SwoLy-D

I hope MEXICO in BBVA against a good team! [​IMG]

I wonder what the likelihood of BBVA hosting more than one game will be. :cool:

I knew you were HOT for some 'chile', mister "dominated by a guy." :p

5. Indaface

Indaface Member

I'm guessing they will go with Reliant/NRG for the Copa. This tourney is gonna be a huge moneymaker.

Hopefully Fifa puts it on the calendar so all the teams can bring their big dogs.

From the thing I saw they are looking at Mexico, USA, Arg, and Brazil as seeds.

6. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I would be shocked if BBVA got a game. They can make a lot more money at Reliant.

It should be on the calendar for the South American teams. In the past it wasn't considered a legitimate fixture date for CONCACAF teams that participated. I don't know if they'll make an exception this time since CONCACAF is a co-host.

7. SwoLy-D

Indeed. GOOD POINT$ about "NRG $tadium." It'$ a lot bigger there and could get more... errrr... fan$. Yea, that'$ it. :)

I totally forgot about that! Maybe TWO $tadium$ in Hou$ton? :confused:

8. Indaface

Indaface Member

As of now they have applied to FIFA to put it on the calendar. It should be approved but if for some reason it isn't then neither CONCACAF or CONMEBOL teams would be able to bring their best players. The fact that this will be on as the same time as the Euro's is soccer nirvana for everyone.

9. SexyButIgnorant

Why Conmebol? South American teams always bring their best teams to Copa America, it's their cup, it's huge bragging rights. It's usually the Concacaf teams that bring B teams.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is great, my youngest and I will surely get to see some great soccer.

Of course there is this little matter of the World Cup to play this summer.

:)

DD

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea but they still have a Copa America in 2015. Since this isn't technically a sanctioned tournament (at least not yet) if FIFA doesn't allow it to be on the calendar no teams will be able to bring their best players.