1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

U.S. News & World Report Poll backfires (lol-Ron Paul)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ToyCen428, Aug 20, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Saw this, thought I would share:

[​IMG]

Were they thinking if they exclude his name, people would be forced to vote for someone else? Maybe. So instead, they voted for OTHER which got 59% of the votes. Good job USN&WR!

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Sarah Palin 11.22%

i'm pretty sure people are trolling

50% are probably liberals trying to make a point.

3. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

Other probably also includes Rick Perry supporters and those still holding out hope for Paul Ryan and Chris Christie

I don't understand why Barbour is in there... I thought he already said he wasn't running. And why is Pawlenty still in there? If the date "8/19" wasn't on the poll, I would swear this was from 4-5 months ago.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Other than finding out the average applicant GPA and starting salary of part-time/evening MBA students at New Mexico State University, I'm not sure what U.S. News is good for.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think this is a troll job. I think some Ron Paul supporter on the web took this and shopped it to say it was 8/19.

Mitch Daniels-not in the race, gave a speech saying he wouldn't run months ago
    Haley Barbour-stepped out months ago
    Mike Huckabee-stepped out months ago
    Tim Pawlenty-withdrew from the race after the straw poll last week

4 of the 5 candidates they have on there aren't in the race and they don't have two of the candidates who poll the best right now? Seems like a fake.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

http://www.usnews.com/polls/who-is-your-pick-for-the-2012-gop-presidential-nomination/results.html

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Why on earth would you assume all or even any of this support goes to Ron Paul, as opposed to Limbaugh, Beck, S.E. Cupp, Ann Coulter, Dave Ramsey, David Petraeus, Rick Warren, Joe the Plumber, Steve Forbes, Tim Tebow, Chuck Norris or any other number of conservative wet dreams? Notice they didn't put notable Herman "unailyabull rice" Cain, either.

8. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

10. codell

codell Contributing Member

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Triple fail post backfires. Lol toycen

12. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

I refuse to believe ToyCen posted something fake.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

And wrong forum.

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

is the threadstarter banned from the D&D or something?

15. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

No, he's just not very bright.

16. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Where's Herman Cain!!! :mad:

17. Agent94

Agent94 Member

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3EY5Ofcxjs0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

so more blatant false information thanks to the front page of abovetopsecret that the OP puts in the wrong forum, never responds to or admits he was duped, before it eventually gets moved to the right forum...

rinse lather repeat

that ATS place is CooKoo for Ron Paul and all the conspiracy minions eat it up hook line and sinker

lol

1 person likes this.
  19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

You are about 6 months late and have tunnel vision. You are forgetting several other candidates(Trump(dropped out since February), Rick Perry, Herman Cain, etc). Some have dropped out, since February. Believe it or not 59% of the the right weren't Ron Paul supporters in February 2011. It will be shown by his loss in February 2012. Even an outer space alien can figure out, it isn't Ron Paul. Perry will be shown to have more votes in the primary.

In the rasmussen poll with Ron Paul in it, he received only 11% while Perry received almost triple the votes.
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...on/gop_primary_perry_29_romney_18_bachmann_13

#19 BetterThanEver, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

He had no way of knowing it was an old poll. It had that day's date on it. I honestly don't understand why people bang on a poster for believing in aliens or Bigfoot but don't do the same with people that believe in God. There is no more scientific evidence for one than the other. So it comes down to a question of "faith." Can anybody deny that toycen has "faith" in these as-far-as-we-can-know mythological creatures by now?