1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

U.S. ambassador, 3 American diplomats killed by protesters in Libya

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I think the term "troll" is getting overused.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I feel sorry for the state department employee who was killed and his relatives just because an ideology of hate is prevalent in the Arab world that will take anything as a reason for violent outbursts against "the West".

Ms. Clinton is right: There is never any justification for this kind of attack.

And even the idiotic thread title here is making it seem like the "poor attackers were trolled" by an "Islamophobe" - when an American embassy employee was murdered (no mention of that by troll Carl Herrera).

The problem here is on the side of the attackers and their ideology. The so-called "Islamophobe", whether an idiot or not, just proves that.

1 person likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Anyway, I tried watching that movie, but it seemed really badly made and stupid. I stopped watching after a few minutes.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I guess they took it that if you can burn a Quran in America then you can burn an American flag in Egypt. Both stupid, both legal, and both met with condemnation by their governments. But why is the Egyptian thing being wrapped into this?

The real tragedy is the loss of life of the American guy in Libya.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Why are there so many damn backwards people in the world? Religion is dangerous in the hands of r****ds.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

First off, it's tragic that people were killed over a movie. ATW is right -- these Islamists are looking for any trigger possible to go ape schit and protest or kill people in the name of Islam. It's savage, disgusting and 500-1,000 years behind the rest of civilization.

Then there's Obama's completely p***y response. He sympathized with the savage killers. His first reaction was to renounce the makers of the movie, condemning "The continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims — as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions." I have no respect for that clown in the white house -- he's a soft pushover.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EKerbOi_mrI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Here's what's truly pathetic:

You've got liberals in the US likely willing to take up arms against Britain for pulling Julian Assange out of the Ecuadorian embassy in London, but when Islamists storm the US embassy in Benghazi and KILL out ambassador, Obama first chooses to condemn a freaking movie maker.

:rolleyes:

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

These are the people we helped to become free, ya!

11. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brilliant.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

[rquoter]Demonstrators attacked a U.S. consulate in Libya, killing one American, and breached the walls of the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, amid angry protests over a film by a U.S. producer that mocks and insults the Prophet Muhammad.[/rquoter]

Uh ... its a bit more than simply burning an American flag.

13. durvasa

What an utterly stupid comment. :rolleyes:

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

You sound like Mitt Romney

15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

True, but there is more to it than that. It is not fair to compare the actions, but it is equally unfair to compare the underlying rationale.

I was referring only to the burning/tearing of the flag.

16. durvasa

I don't understand. What were you referring to with this: "I guess they took it that if you can burn a Quran in America then you can burn an American flag in Egypt. Both stupid, both legal, and both met with condemnation by their governments. But why is the Egyptian thing being wrapped into this?"

I thought you were talking about the reaction to that anti-Islam movie, but maybe I'm mistaken.

17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I was talking specifcally about the act of burning an American flag in Egypt.

18. durvasa

What's the point in selecting just one particular reaction? Protestors also tried to storm the embassy, and many of them were clearly willing to commit violence in their rage. The answer to your question of why Egypt should be brought brought into this should be clear. The sort of violent rage this movie has generated in these countries is absolutely ridiculous.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

initial responses are often screwed up, it's petty to fret over it

what matters is what the consequences will be

shades of 1979 with Islamists on the rise, attacking our embassies, the US appearing weak

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

These are the same idiots that would give their left nutt for a chance at life in the US.

All of these dumb asses deserve the death penalty.