1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyson Chandler punches Dwight Howard in Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Apr 27, 2015.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Feigen getting a lot of heat from Mavs fans. They are claiming that the Harris flop should have been a suspendable offense.

2. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Wtf... people from Dallas are so dumb

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I should clarify what I meant by physical. I'm not referring to the "knock you down on your behind" level of physical play from that era. Rather, I was talking about all of the bumping, grabbing, pushing, etc. that's being allowed. The Spurs-Clips series can also be considered physical, but this series far exceeds that one IMO. No matter. The only hope the Mavs have in this series is to get physical and hit their jump shots and I don't believe they can make it work for three more games.

5. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Honestly, even if Tyson doesn't get suspended, I just want the league to issue a statement saying they reviewed the call and their reasons why they chose not to suspend him.

Too many times this league has just "swept things under the rug," regarding issues like this and blatant flops. If Commish Silver wants transparency in the league from the teams, players and officials, the League Office has to participate as well.

6. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

oh god that would be horrible. However, a karate chop to get someone off of your arm is not as serious as a punch to someone's back when they aren't looking.

I'd be livid if they both were suspended

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This might be the most hyperbolic post I've ever seen on CF.

8. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Reggie Miller has been solid on his commentating. I was enjoying what appeared to be unbiased opinions. Had to turn it off because the Rockets defense the last two games has been a joke and they are lucky its not 2-2. Close it out and get the rest. I'm glad Spurs are going to 7. Hope the Grizz push the Warriors around.

9. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Guys, no one in the media is talking about this punk move by Tyson Chandler, do I started a FaceBook & Twitter campaign posting several photos & videos of not only this incident, if Dirk Nowitzki going berserk at Officials in Gsme 3, swearing, SPITTING ONTO THE COURT IN DISGUST AT REFS, and then the intimidating death stare...that received no media attention, no fine or even a Tech.

https://www.facebook.com/ihaasmann/videos/10153771368848265/

The image in the OP is a pic I had to make on my iPhone and distributed via Twitter & FaceBook calling on REDNATION to share the heck out of it...it is pretty crude because it was done in my iPhone, because my laptop hard drive died just before playoffs.

If y'all look at my Twitter feed & FaceBook, I've sent every man & his dog pictures & Clips from 3 different angles...

I'm super mad at the Dirk spitting incident, and furious that this punch in the back & arm by Tyson hasn't even received a mention,

In another clip when the camera pans toward the bench after the Technicals, you can see Dwight say 'he hit my arm.'

Share, share, share...

A Dallas fan said, 'he only hit him in the arm...'

I replied...'What would happen if Tyson swung a punch at LeBron?'

#Pursuit

1 person likes this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The only thing I've seen in the media is @hoopscritic commenting that Rockets media shouldn't be advocating fines or suspensions. For which I had to let him know Clutchfans isn't the Rockets official media site.

I'm really getting sick of these media guys being so hypercritical of the Rockets fan base being hard core about their team.

We are FANS... Short for FANATIC

It's so hard for them to not have everyone agree with everything they say as ridiculously opinionated as most of it is. It's sad that a Twitter feed with a few hundred followers about basketball can give someone such a god complex.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He may have been referring to Feigen, who wrote an article about it after the CF tweets. Either way, I don't see the problem. I'm not even super pressed over wanting him suspended, but if not local/Rockets-affiliated media, then who?

12. Ismail

Ismail Member

I agree with those who think it's silly to be calling for a Chandler suspension. As the game gets more physical it will favor the Rockets, because the Mavs are full of pansies (Dirk, Devin Harris, Barrea, Richard Jefferson to name a few) who will shy away from any sort of physical confrontation. Physicality favors the Rockets. And it will favor the Rockets against the Clippers (if we play them). Any unbiased opinion would say the Rockets have been initiating a lot of the physical play in this series, and I am almost certain that is by design. Let them gripe and swipe punches, that just means they're losing the mental battle.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Dwight has been in Chandler's head all series. That guy has not been officiated properly - and then Carlisle has the audacity to complain about the officiating.

This was a weak punch attempt out of frustration and not malice (in my opinion only), so I won't be lobbying for a suspension. Should have been a T on Chandler and NOT Howard though, and he should have had more than one - which is the infuriating part.

14. jdjd

jdjd Member

Actually I like our chances. We've already seen what our team can do without Dwight for half the season. Let's see what kind of rim protection they get without Chandler.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If this was reversed (and let's say it was Dorsey who swung instead of Dwight so you cant use the star power argument) it'd be all over the media. Why? Because Mark Cuban would have made them care about it by now...

Sorry we don't have an ESPN Dallas, Mr. Stern (it's obviously still Stern's fault, lulz).

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Whether he gets suspended or not is up to the NBA, but there is no doubt by the rules he should be. I don't believe he will be because of the stakes, but he should be. A punch is an automatic suspension.

But no matter what, it's important to put a focus on what's going on out there. I guarantee you that Carlisle complaining about Dwight Howard in his press conference played a role as the officials can't possibly miss his comments.

If Chandler plays in Game 5, this puts more of a focus on him and the stuff he's been doing as well.

17. frontline94

frontline94 Member

no one should be punching anyone regardless of physicality, which I agree with you, favors us

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

LOL @hoopscritic. The media is constantly debating on and off the field issues debating fines and suspension. They do this **** daily on BSPN on their myriad of debate talk shows. On his own twitter @hoopscritic Brian is debating the Love issue. His position is as follows "This is the bottom line. What Olynyk did is considered crafty and smart. It's part of physical play"

So he can debate but Feigen can't. Get off your ****ing high horse, Feigen is a basketball reporter for a media organization just like @hoopscritic Brian.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You think NBA rules are silly?

20. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

how can anybody feel sorry for the mavs... eff parsons, eff cuban eff all cocky nba teams