1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyson Chandler believes Knicks' new point guards will improve their offense

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by redhotrox, Oct 6, 2012.

1. amaru

amaru Member

You guys were expecting a different response?

2. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

As a clipper fan I'm a little spoiled when it comes to point guards...

[​IMG]

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Chandler was awesome, but the problem with the Knick's O wasn't Lin, it was Melo. If you look at Chandler's statements what he's saying is contradicting. He said Lin was a good pg but he doesn't know how to set up the offense, well the thing is that's just not true because Lin won with Steve Novak, Landry Fields and himself scoring significantly as well, and none of those guys could create for themselves. So Lin was actually creating for everyone. Him saying Melo holding the ball because Lin couldn't create is a joke because Melo ALWAYS holds the ball, he's never been a finisher, every single offense he's done is always started with Melo creating for himself.

I don't buy the Steve Francis comparison because Francis was someone who took the air out of the ball, looked for a crease in the D and then bulldozed his way in. Lin's play style is a lot like Nash's, 70% pick-n-roll, 30% drive and kick out to the spot up 3.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Chandler had an awesome chemistry with Lin himself, but what else can we expect?
    it's clear he's bombarded with Lin questions again, and he has to be positive about his current teammates. It's funny how none of these articles are about Marcus Camby or Ronnie Brewer, who were both arguably better role players than Kidd or Felton last year. It's always the same old "will Kidd and Felton be downgrades from Lin?" There must be some politically correct answers to that, but (A) not every ball player has the brains to figure it out, and (B) politically correct answers don't win chemistry points with teammates.

5. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

That's because NY media just can't forget about Lin. :grin: Now they can't interview Lin himself, they just bombard other players with questions about Lin/Felton/Kidd. They don't care about Camby or Brewer.

I agree with you that these ball players don't have the brain cell to figure out how to give political correct answers. They're also probably irritated by all the questions about Lin.

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

btw, off topic, I think of the 6 or 7 vets that the Knicks signed this off season, Ronnie Brewer will be by far the most beloved one in New York by All Star game.

The Knicks fans always fall in love with some defensive-minded wing every year. It was Shumpert last year but he'll be out for most of the season, so now it's clearly Brewer time. And he's even better than Shumpert right now IMO, although Shumpert has more physical talent and upside.
    I think Brewer made a very smart career move by signing there. He'll get a lot of exposure, his D will shine on that roster, his ball handling and passing ability will be more useful than it was on the Bulls, and he will be criticized less for his bad shooting because it's no so important on the Knicks as it was next to Rose.

I think Kidd will be very useful too because they do need some vets in the locker room who could stand up for proper basketball.

But I think Brewer is going to earn himself a salary boost this year.

7. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I think he is now the 2nd best on that Knicks team. I don't think Amare would be as effective as Tyson. Just my opinion though.