1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyreke Evans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Dec 7, 2012.

1. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are also talking about a player that in Sacramento...goes from PG...to SG....to SF...they never just let him settle into a position. They are always moving him here and then there and then back to there again. There is an adjustment that he always has to make, whether it be positions or them telling him to just play a different role. If you look at Mayo it's not really all the different, they changed his role from his rookie season...now that he's back in a bigger role he's showing that really not much has changed since his great rookie year.

He's playing better this year, any one watching him can see that he's playing better this year compared to last and his TS% and eFG% have both risen.

Do you want Cousins? He's not really improving this year, so it's fair to put him in Tyreke in the same class if you ask me. The only reason we'd want Cousins over 'Reke is because of position, Cousins is younger, but as you say Harden got better every year like most superstar players do....and Cousins and Reke are having problems doing that currently.

Both of these guys are going to break out when they get off of that team (or when that team gets any kind of direction and decent coaching...)

3. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

4. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Please No. Not on this team. Only because his bad decision making at times, and struggles in developing more after his rookie year.
    -- Words of advice though you have a wall of text, you're lucky you don't have anyone derailing the thread because of your spacing. Just my experience in dealing with some of the "self-righteous" people now in this community. I don't care, and am not digging on ya just giving ya fair warning of the trolls that say "Didn't read", etc. etc. Thanks, and props for starting a thread based on something we don't have up, or are talking about really.

--While Evans is a scorer, and very quick. To me he is just a tad better than Aaron Brooks. If we got him for cheap, and he was our back up for the PG/SG position than maybe I'd take a look. It would all depend on the money factor.

5. mario_v

mario_v Member

I'd take a chance on boogie-reke. His stock is at an all time low. Evans is a all star caliber player, he just needs a change of scenery. Sure, he can't shoot but neither can Rondo. Tyreke needs to play to his strenghts, penetrating, drive n dish.

Plus, Evans will take some of the scoring load off Harden. Also, opposing team defenses will not load up on Harden as much.

6. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Evans would I think have to be in a situation where the Kings just do not want him, or he is unhappy. Evans jacks up a lot of shots, but shoots the 2's well. However, his three point % is horrible. Just looking at that he's a chucker.
    I have seen him play, not a ton, but his rookie year was the one I saw the most of him.

-- The question lies here how much of a difference is Evans than say Jamal Crawford, or Felton, and even TD, and I could mention several others. What is the drop off or the better bang for your buck you get outta such players. Evans is no where near all-star, or superstar. So while adding to this thread we should add other such "suitors" to a position of need. Evans would fit that need, and I LOVE THAT HE's 23. He isn't smart though in my eyes. I don't know if he's the right "suitor", but in that though OP let's list some others.

--I also see Evans as being wanted by many teams, albeit the bad, or good teams. A good team isn't going to pay much for him in pay, or through trade. A bad, or mediocre team might throw in more chips to the Kings for him. To me he reminds me of getting a Lowry bad shooter, but had good qualities, and bad ones as well. Lowry was got for cheap because he was behind 2 other PGs at Memphis. Which means don't pay too much. This isn't James Harden! We got him!!!;)

7. eyhab27

eyhab27 Member

if you get him on sale, might be worth taking a shot at how he works out on the team.

8. mario_v

mario_v Member

Morey seems to love the 2009 NBA draft. We've had Hasheem Thabeet, Terrance Williams, Johnny Flynn, Jordan Hill, and James Harden. Tyreke Evans was drafted in 09 as well. Maybe it's destiny?

9. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

If he's willing to play back up point, I would be for it..

Im willing to give em, Patterson, Aldrich, and Douglas

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why are people still talking about his potential when he is playing in his fourth season already? His scoring average, assist average, FG% and 3pt% have all been going down since his rookie season.

The only guy on our team I would trade for Tyreke is Royce White.

11. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

A player of Reke's talents would probably b**** and complain about playing a sixth man Louis Williams, Jamal Crawford type role on this team, so naw don't want him on the team.

12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly!:grin: On a good team, he would be best served coming off the bench with Delfino, Morris, Douglas and Smith, it would give us a definite scoring tandem. Next year you add a strong PF and we are contenders.

13. j_shooter11

j_shooter11 Member

Dribble dribble dribble take bad long 2pt shot he is anti moneyball. No thank u

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

He would fit in with the 2nd unit....everyone is a jumpshooter; TD, Delfino, and Morris. Reke would offer additional scoring and someone with that unit who can get to the basket.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

He's only 23 with a crapload of talent.

I don't really like his game at present but he has tons of potential.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's not true. His FG% has not gone down and his 3pt% has actually increased.

Again, I'm not sure what they should expect when they give him different roles and tell him to play a different position every year.

17. j_shooter11

j_shooter11 Member

The only big diff in him and those players is that he takes long long 2pt shots. He loves to dribble one step in from line and pull up which is obv the worst shot in all of basketball and not sure if he has high enough bball iq to change those bad habits. Alot of players just never get it, he seems like one of those.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Its all about Sacramento which is just a black hole.

Hayes and Brooks were great here and have been invisible there.

I think there is some hope for Tyreke with the right coaching veterans. I wouldn't want to build around him but I would sure as hell let him hero ball it as the sixth man when Harden is catching a breather.

19. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Would be an upgrade over Toney Douglas.