1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TYLER ENNIS WAIVED

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Shams comment would make sense if this year wasn't guaranteed. Teams/Players do that all the time. So, yeah, I don't understand what Shams meant. Sure, he's now a free agent upon clearing waivers, but Ennis doesn't need to renegotiate this guaranteed year.

As a Rookie-Scale first rounder, we just vacated his rookie-scale contract...but, we still owe him for this year, since the Bucks picked up his 3rd year team option last October...which guaranteed pay for 2016-17 (this year).

2. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Bobby Brown... Must have pictures of Harden doing something strange...

Remlap and Mr. Clutch like this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah I was thinking the "buy low" guys. Like TWill and Flynn and such.

The guys that we actually had to trade something good for worked out.

Well, except Ty Lawson.

In conclusion, some trades worked and some didn't.,

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Do you understand that the very next year Josh Smith was not worth anything. The same guy people cried about losing to the Clippers, the same guy who was then ousted by that same clippers team back to us because they didn't want him. The same guy that made about 0 impact once we had him back. The same guy who at 30 years old can't find a team. Yeah. That guy.

malakas and Snow Villiers like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Other than James Harden?

6. Ranny

Ranny Member

As much as i liked the guy, and i did, with the arrival of EGO and Anderson, Beasley was not our second best player anymore. Morey made a bet in that trade acquiring a younger guy for a position of need, it did not pan out, it happens.

Think about that as much as we liked Beasley around here the only thing we could get for him was Ennis, so his trade value was very low as well.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

BOBBY B, BAYBAY!!!! Wooh!

Seriously though 2 comments:

#1) I was mad when we traded Beasley for Ennis too. Really mad, like a lot of you. Then I started following what he was doing with the Bucks this preseason. It is incredibly unimpressive.

#2)We need more help at the 1 than a 3 who plays best in the 4 slot. So we tried with Ennis and hedged with a whole lot of other guys. Bobby B looks like a comfortable veteran out there. It probably helped a whole lot that he was training and playing proam league games with Harden all off season. And when the Rockets got together for offseason training sessions & comradery building, guess who was there? Bobby B, boy! And guess who wasn't? Beasley. (this was a training session well before he was traded too). So back to our needs, REEKO_HOWN made a great point, Bobby B is sort of like this year's version of last year's Beasley...with Morey finding guys at good value to fill a need.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  8. craguin

craguin Member

malakas likes this.
  9. Mr. Clutch

Thanks.

I just remember about Kyle Lowry too.

10. Mr. Clutch

I'm calling it now.

Bobsanity.

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

And you were probably one of the people torn to **** over Smith going to the Clippers. And you were probably thrilled when we got him back.

I liked Beasley. He did ok for us last year.

But all of this tantrum throwing over a guy that may or may not even be in the Bucks rotation is ridiculous. Anyone could've had Michael Beasley until Morey signed him. Once he wears out his welcome in Milwaukee and he's cut anyone will be able to pick him up again. If they want Beasley again they'll be able to pick him up again just like they did with Smith. At this point in their careers they aren't exactly hard guys to acquire.

malakas likes this.
  12. heypartner

Suffice it to say none of Morey's bench player trades that were "Low Risk/High Reward" players on rookie-scale contracts produced the "High Reward" end of the equation. I suppose DaDakota would argue that Jordan Hill tossed into the TMac purge would have worked out had we given him a chance.

13. Mr. Clutch

Yeah, I've noticed Morey doesn't do those trades anymore.

Fact is if someone is willing to dump their 1st round pick for cheap there is something wrong with said pick

14. heypartner

I thought that, too, but you don't have to cut a player to decline a Team Option on the 4th yr. He could have played out this season and turned UFA in the summer, if we just wanted to decline the option.

Now we must pay him the 3rd year salary that the Bucks exercised. Waiving him doesn't mean this year is now negotiable....right?

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Beas sucks and Ennis sucks it's not a big deal

malakas and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  16. heypartner

Now I'm confused again. He JUST made one of those trades, Beasley for Ennis???

17. Mr. Clutch

Yeah...well except for several exceptions I've been pretty right in this thread

heypartner likes this.
  18. hakeemthagreat

This after we chose not to resign him going into the season? Not to mention the whole team sucked outside of Harden last year. A player coming to a dysfunctional team midseason with a lame duck coach who has has no idea what he's running on offense or defense. My point is, some of you said the EXACT same things about Beasley you said about a guy who literally saved our season a few years ago. The only difference is Beasley is younger. I'm you're a Rocket fan like me, but your player evaluations are inaccurate bro. Different teams have different needs. Beasley's skillset is better than anything we have backing up Anderson right now

19. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

What about Lowry and Dragic (wasn't he coming off the bench in Phoenix)? Carrol would have been one had he been more patient. There might be a one or two prior to that, I can't recall.

But yes, Les gave him the green light and ever since hitting on those 2 he has hasn't hit.

20. Amir's Johnson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.