1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TYLER ENNIS WAIVED

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

James Harden?

(I kid).

craguin likes this.
  2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Good, Ennis was way too hesitant. Bobby at least can shoot and will not see time on the court anyway.

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

fixed :)

4. hakeemthagreat

Can Wiltjer get his own shot? Can Wiltjer handle the ball or lead the break? Can he finish above the rim?

Wiltjer hasn't played one regular season game and already has the "DMo effect" I see

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Kyle Lowry?

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Some of ya'll just ignorant. Beasley could score but not as well as he could get scored on.

Williamson and malakas like this.
  7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

When did Mauri "fall in love" with any of those people? Your entire list is composed of people we gave up very little (almost nothing) to get.

8. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Not really surprising. In the games I watched, I hated seeing him on the court. He has no court vision and makes bad decisions with the ball. He was always missing/ignoring wide open shooters and driving into the paint, only to make a turnover or miss a shot. We would have won the Memphis game if someone else was playing PG in the 4th. Everyone else was playing well, but he controlled the ball and wasn't finding them or even looking for them.

I'm guessing we start the season with Brown and Wiltjer. If DMo resigns, I could see them trading or cutting Onuaku and keeping Wiltjer.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Corey Brewer was also a 1st round pick!

napalm06 likes this.
  10. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

This is why I have such a hard time with Morey. Trades our 2nd best player for a scrub who gets waived, and leaves us with injury prone Anderson and Gordan

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Beasley our second best player?

two questions:

Are you Michael Beasley?
    Are you high right now?

Williamson, TDRox and topfive like this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Are you describing Beasley? Or Josh Smith???

Hmmmm......

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Dude, you have a problem with yourself if you think Beasley was our second best player last year, and i mean, a serious problem.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Realistically if the answer to the first question is "yes" then the answer to the second question will certainly be "yes"

Williamson, TDRox and Normalus like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

A bunch of trash since the Rockets acquired Harden.

Patrick Beverley, Aaron Brooks, Isaiah Canaan, Toney Douglas, Andrew Goudelock, Nick Johnson, Jeremy Lin, Ty Lawson, Scott Machado, Pablo Prigioni, Alexey Shved, Jason Terry

And now we're talking about Ronnie Price, Gary Payton II, Isaiah Taylor, Pablo Prigioni, Tyler Ennis, Bobby Brown and a bunch of nobodies. :rolleyes:

Nook likes this.
  16. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I think it's kinda got we made a fairly bad deal. Maybe other GM's will be willing to deal with us again. BTW does the Beasley trade with the release of Ennis save us salary money?

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don't even know what you are trying to say.

18. hakeemthagreat

Josh Smith actually helped us get to our first WCF in years and complete one of the biggest comebacks in NBA playoff history. We are talking about the same person?

This after 95% of the ppl here said he was chucker, ball hog & selfish before coming here. Ya know they same way ya'll describe Beasley

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So was TMac, Battier and Metta World Peace...but I figured you were talking about players still on rookie-scale contracts.

I got what you meant. Pretty accurate wrt rookie-scale players, except for the Lowry part....and Harden

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

Wrong. We were going to have to let go of either Beas or Wiltjer. Happy to have Wiltjer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.