1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Ty Lawson traded to the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 19, 2015.

?

Do you like the Ty Lawson trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

1,339 vote(s)
    97.1%
  2. NO

40 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. malakas

malakas Member

Because you know many people who make decisions as Lawsons (drive drunk while on probation and be in real danger of being in jail) to think like you?
    And yes it's an incentive to save his career now.
    It's all on him. He must prove that he is serious about his recovery from his problems.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Assuming Lawson pans out, is there a way we can keep him AND sign Durant (and obviously keep Harden and Howard)?

I guess if we traded Ariza, Brewer, Terrence Jones, McDaniels maybe?

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don't think it has to be attached to the trade date (or maybe I'm wrong).

July 20th seems late to me. If I'm Lawson, I'd want the 10th.

4. basketballholic

This was the biggie that I knew about and told you about when I kept saying we weren't going to trade for Lawson and owe him 2/25. I knew he would have to agree to non-guarantee that last season for a trade to go through.

When it wasn't announced with the trade I started asking around what happened. And I couldn't get any responses. I thought maybe something had changed at the last minute. (That happens quite frequently.) But...just wasn't released. I'm sure that aspect of the trade had to be discussed in conjunction with Lawson's suspension before it was made public. I would think the suspension has already been determined and told to Morey as well.

1 person likes this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

the guarantee date is right after the NBA finals or the draft which first.

6. micah1j

micah1j Member

It is the day after the draft according to Eric Pincus.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Ah.....ok. Well it really functions more like a team option than a true non-guaranteed.

I'm fine with it either way.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Daryl Morey on Lawson deal: &quot;A lot of what we were hoping to accomplish before next season, he's able to do.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/623255736567488512">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Morey: &quot;He's another guy that can attack the basket, can shoot, can make plays for others. He's one of the best playmakers in the league.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/623256083805507584">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The non-guarantee is huge. Absolute worst case scenario if Lawson loses his **** and doesn't play a single second, we just cut him at no cost to us after the season is over.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Reputation and taking care of your guys and keeping your word matters

Rocket River

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ty Lawson went 33-8 in his last 41 games under George Karl, and looked like a future all-star. McHale's dream offense resembles Karl's.</p>&mdash; david b. thorpe (@coachthorpe) <a href="https://twitter.com/coachthorpe/status/623258451569938432">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

12. Platinumplaq

Platinumplaq Member

It's officially time for Tip Toe Wing In My Jawwdinz
    [​IMG]

13. thekad

thekad Member

Of course, this won't stop the same brickheads from proclaiming Morey was stupid to not sign Rodney Stuckey for the full MLE. The Rockets front office is smarter than you.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Does anyone else remember when the bbs was in full meltdown mode a few days ago?

No? Just me?

OK, carry on

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Meltdown mode because of JOSH FREAKING SMITH nonetheless

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The sad part is that those same people will be the ones to proclaim that the sky is falling after a few losses this upcoming season. They never learn, and more importantly, don't WANT to learn.

17. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

if we sign terry then lawson just replaced smith on the headbandeers squad lol

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

&nbsp;

19. beardnation

beardnation Member

do people actually believe that KD will come to Houston? I mean, in my opinion, he will either stay or go home (Washington). The non-guarenteed is still amazing anyway.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

No, but dreamers will dream.