1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson traded to the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 19, 2015.

?

Do you like the Ty Lawson trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

1,339 vote(s)
    97.1%
  2. NO

40 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Former

2. malakas

malakas Member

It's not only Bobby Marks. Several national writers have mentioned that he has guarantee date for today. And they will need to waive him by tonight and so the physical will have to be waived by both sides.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

for the rockets, in the back of your mind, there's always the chance that we get damon stoudamired :grin:

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes...I'm worried about the delay.

5. malakas

malakas Member

I'm not worried at all. There's a lot of details to finish and they must be arranged all today.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not all that worried b/c happy walters likely pushed to get this trade which means it's done

7. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

its delayed because they need to push Prig through so they can release his ass...

8. thejav

thejav Member

Rockets would not have a problem signing Lin.. Because Lin doesn't drink and drive.. another fail by Murray..smh

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

The best part IMO is that Morey listened to Harden, he wanted help at PG and based Morey delivered.

This is HUGE for when Hardens contract is up

10. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

It's delayed....because they have to hurry?

11. malakas

malakas Member

they need to find every player to sign some papers and then to get each team to waive the right to physical and get also Lawson out of rehab to fly to houston. And have the papers all prepared by today to waive prigioni. It's too much work.
    And probably includes many other things we have not the slightest idea about. Don't worry.

The Rockets are already moving on to Terry and Chuck trade talks. If there was any real issue they wouldn't.

12. TheRedRocket

TheRedRocket Member

Well I don't drink and drive so should Morey sign me? I did not know there was a direct correlation between drinking and driving and championships...

Your logic is absurd.

13. TheresTheDagger

Love the optimism, but if the Deandre Jordan fiasco taught us anything its that it ain't over till the ink is put to paper.

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I'm sure Morey and Ty's Agent met and already schedule the meeting. He probably called the our players to inform them of the trade and prepare them for the next 24 hrs.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Well, I guess the worry comes from the Denver side.....not from Lawson's camp. If Denver wants to pull out of the trade because they think they can get better offers, well then I guess there's nothing we can do. However, that won't happen. Teams have a lot more to lose when it comes to reputation and keep their word than players do. Denver can't lose face to the other 29 teams, as well as fans of the NBA.

16. seeingred

seeingred Member

truth.

stay frosty.

17. basketballholic

It's delayed because they are determining the suspension and that affects this trade.

18. malakas

malakas Member

No. DJ was during the moratorium when nothing was "official". Now its different.
    Esp since the physicals will likely have to be waived, so a player failling their physical can't make the trade invalid.

It;s not a phonecall. The players have to sign papers, they have to prepare the waiving of Prigs (which is directly correlated to the deal since it must be done ASAP).
    Seriously don't be so paranoid. There is a lot of work going on right now. A trade is not only some phonecalls to the league office.

19. marky :)

marky :) Member

I'm not convinced this trade is finalized until b_allholic says so.

20. ajc123

ajc123 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ESPN sources say that the Denver Nuggets have waived Pablo Prigioni, which means Nuggets and Rockets have completed Ty Lawson trade</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/623240480172576768">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>