1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson traded to the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 19, 2015.

?

Do you like the Ty Lawson trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

1,339 vote(s)
    97.1%
  2. NO

40 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Classic. And true to his word, he... no wait, he's still here.

Basketballholic's word is as good as his opinions.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Wow, Morey pulled off a hell of a deal. I just hope it doesnt turn into a TMZ fiasco if the guy cant control himself, everyone knows temptation will literally be around every corner for the guy in this city.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Because they know Montrezll Harrell will surpass Kenneth in time. :grin::)

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Our team is deeper than last year on paper. We can now rest guys for the playoffs rather than scratching and clawing to win regular season games. Lawson is gonna have so many options. Every where looks there will be a great finisher waiting. Lawsons lobs to Dwight/jones/trez/KJ will be beautiful.

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

wtf is with the b****ing about T-Jones? He isn't an amazing player, but was very serviceable before this season and is a fairly high-ceiling and talented player to come off the bench. I mean how many better backup PF's are there that we could get, lol?? Does everyone hate him that much they would rather just get rid of him ASAP? The opinion on him was way different last year, and like we saw with D-Mo, things can change drastically in a season. Don't give up on Jones just yet.

6. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Meh...Should've got more. I miss the old D Morey. :grin:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y_cjTjBsysc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'm still in shock. I can't believe this happen

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Anybody know the odds in vegas if and how much they improved since the trade... before I believe we were 25 to 1...

9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

:confused: really? What's heavier, 10 pounds of feathers or ten pounds of stones?

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I hope his word is better than his ability to do statistics:

11. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not the two way player those two are. But may be a better offensive player.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Rockets just lost Josh Smith, and D-Mo is coming off of freaking BACK SURGERY. How anyone would not think its actually a good thing to keep power forwards on the roster is beyond me.

The guy isn't going to suddenly be the player that all these idiots think he should be overnight, but what he can do is fill in when needed, and help win regular season games. And yes... the regular season matters.

Do the Rockets need better in the playoffs... of course, but nobody in the Rockets organization is putting a crown on this guys head and saying "you are the chosen one". They need him to be there is D-Mo isn't ready to go, to back him up when he gets 100%, and to plug in random lineups during the season that create mismatches.

Its absurd what people think he should be doing on the court, and totally ignoring (and often chastising) what he actually does that has value to normal NBA teams.

Anyways Jones rant over. Let's move on.

13. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Solid deal, contenders is a big word but if this guy keeps his head on straight, we might have something here. Unloading Dorsey is the best news though! Papa was just in a bad situation here so I wish him the best. Nick was quick, just not good enough. How did Denver accept this ****ty deal hahaha :) Morey the Wizard

14. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I can't believe it. Low risk considering what we had to give up

15. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

Imo, it'll bump to 10-15 to 1, pending how much Vegas values Ty's chances of redeeming himself. I expect Covers to update in the morning

16. langal

langal Contributing Member

great move! slight risk with the alcohol. no one buy him drinks if you see him around town...

17. xaos

xaos Member

Sorry, after looking at my post, there were a lot of errors. Drinking tonight. :grin::grin::grin:

18. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Wait. Is it too late for the NBA to "basketball reasons" the deal? Or for the Nuggets to start avoiding Morey's calls?

20. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Not sure if has been updated, but this has us still at 25 to 1: http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

I don't expect it to move all that much though. Maybe up to 20 to 1. While Lawson is a huge improvement for us, it takes some major stars to have real drastic changes.