1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson traded to the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 19, 2015.

?

Do you like the Ty Lawson trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

1,339 vote(s)
    97.1%
  2. NO

40 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. topfive

topfive CF OG

We just traded THIS:

[​IMG]

for THIS:

[​IMG]

2. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

28th in the NBA in TOV% last season, just awful for a team that made the WCF

Adding a playmaker like Lawson who had a 9.6 APG : 2.5 TOV ratio is going to help our offense from getting too sloppy.

We are true Championship contenders. I actually prefer our current roster to the hypothetical roster we would've had if we signed Aldridge.

Capela
    Jones
    DMo
    Dekker
    McDaniels
    Harrell

I just love all the young talent we're going to have on the team.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This potentially could be another Harden type deal for the Rockets.

I am just surprised Nuggets didnt throw in Kenneth Faried thinking they need to sweeten the deal.

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Getting multiple DUIs doesn't mean you are an alcoholic. The only requirement for that is being an idiot when it comes to making sound decisions. So he might just have to recover from being an idiot decision maker.

5. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Do you think Morey bought him dinner before taking him back to the hotel and having his way? I mean Denver's GM will be walking with a limp after this encounter.

This could be a special season.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL. Too generous.

We actually gave up this.

[​IMG]

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Are we STILL lamenting over this??? You know who he also dominated... Dwight Howard, and he also got Omer Asik in early foul trouble in game 2. The guy was unreal. Jones was a second year player clearly not ready for prime time against one of the best scoring PF's the game has seen in the series of his life. If you were expecting Terrence Jones to dominate LMA in the greatest two games of a superstar's life, then you have incredibly unrealistic expectations.

YES... I get it. We all HATE Terrence Jones. He stomped all of us on multiple evenings in Portland. He slept with our mothers. He stole from our family savings bonds. He bullied us as kids.

But the guy is.. AT WORST a serviceable backup PF who has stepped in when the Rockets have had NOBODY at the PF spot healthy or developed enough to play, and has held down the fort during the REGULAR SEASON... which believe it or not... still really freaking matters (see 2015 playoff seeding).

Nobody.... NOBODY is claiming he's the next Karl Malone. However, if you do NOT see that he has value to a basketball team who just lost its best PF in free agency, and whose other PF is coming off of back surgery well....

YOUR F-ING r****dED.

2 people like this.
  8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Honestly. We lost nothing for an All-Star calibre player at his highest potential. But I don't think it's as bad as the Thunder situation, Nuggets want to and should tank, and it was reported they may actually waive Lawson if they couldn't find a trade suitor. They need Mudiay to get minutes, Lawson just muddled things up for them.

Lawson has 2 more years on his contract at a very reasonable 12 mill a year. I'm very excited for next year.

9. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

I can't wait for the season to start !!!!!

10. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

It means he can't drink without making destructive decisions. When that's the case, a rational person stops drinking. A person who keeps putting themselves in a position to make destructive decisions is an addict.

That said, I'm very optimistic that he'll be able to get his life in order.

11. JHL85

JHL85 Member

2013-2014 was the first full season for Jones to play major minutes and only his second season in the NBA. 2014-2015, he was plagued by injuries. Give him some time before judging on a player. Can't expect every player to dominate from the beginning of his career.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

As a person with a family history of alcohol abuse, it seems Lawson is more addicted to the club/night life then drinking itself. I don't know much about the situation, so that is pretty much pure speculation, and I hope Lawson can get his ish together.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Ha!

Did you really have to hope?

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It's Lawson an it's not even close

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm seriously sick of this S$%^.

Morey just pulled off the trade of a lifetime that could be a huge steal if Lawson can stay out of the drunk tank, and all anyone can do is b**** that Terrence Jones is still on the roster.

How idiotic and petty can one fanbase be. This isn't the Bachelor. We aren't giving roses to players we want to marry. We need to win basketball games.

The hate is unreal, and pathetic.

16. frontline94

frontline94 Member

they both look pretty good... granted, you may have meant that...

17. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

Sorry if I missed it, but I didn't see this shared.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ESPN sources say Rockets will ask Houston-based John Lucas to provide off-court counsel to Ty Lawson if Lawson (two DUIs in 2015) open to it</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/622948533579022336">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

YOU'RE

:p

In all seriousness, I agree with you. Aldridge was just on fire. Much like how Stoudemire had Duncan's number in the playoffs when he was in Phoenix.

I had high hopes for Jones this past season but the injuries derailed his progress. Did I want him gone this summer? If it meant bringing in better talent yes. But as it stands right now, I don't mind having Jones as our 6th or 7th best player.

19. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

After this I really don't think the rockets have to do anything except get and stay healthy. They have a really well balanced team.

20. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Can we talk about how awesome Morey is at timing? People were begging for us to trade for J-Smoove as a possible second star before we got D12, and how much would that have costed us? People were begging for us to get Lawson at the trade deadline, and I'm sure that would have also costed a lot.

The Moreyball Philosophy: Buy Low, Sell High