1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson should be starting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Nov 22, 2015.

1. eman

eman Contributing Member

If we were getting stops and running he'd be great. But we aren't getting stops, and one reason is Ty's short stature. Classic Catch-22.

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Even when Harden goes out TY does nothing

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I don't know Wtf is up with him, but I'd be curious if he can even play in the D-League... It's that bad!!! Like 1-8 and 0 assists!!! Yay!!! Or what about the classic 0 points and 2 assists!!! Oh wait... is he one of those players that do stuff you don't see on the stat line (Green or sometimes Ariza etc... )??? No, he's not, he either needs to be playing like a good offensive pg or gtfo. I'm not saying give up, since he's shown he can be good, but I think his personal life has really ****ed him atm. Hopefully he gets it together so the Rockets can trade him for value (later) or have him do more than produce ****ty stats (we all know his defense sucks). If it's harden ball that is causing the insane drop, then play him on 2nd unit, but **** this is bad.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, exactly, we can't rely on his past hall of fame performances (lol) to scare the other team into letting the Rockets win... Hopefully he gets it together because currently I'm sure he's ranked 30 out of starting nba pg's for the season (when he was starting).

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I agree. He and James have to develop more chemistry together. James asked for another playmaker but he's still having to do too much for us to win.

Ty and James should both constantly attack the paint as much as possible when playing together. We need to put more pressure on defenses and the open shooters. If Dwight wants get involved more on offense he's gonna have to run a Pick and Roll. He shouldn't just stand in the paint, clogging driving lanes.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I agree 1000%. Furthermore, the way Thornton is shooting, harden should be playing 32 minutes a night.

1 person likes this.
  7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

He needs to be starting to pack his ****

8. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

This. Bev compliments Harden and, when at his best, really covers up some of Harden's deficiencies along with Ariza & Howard.

What we've always needed is a play-maker off the bench, allowing Harden to rest for longer periods of time. Lawson was supposed to be that guy, and he can still be. Throwing him into the starting lineup, which is a bad fit, won't help him. Just give him the minutes he needs with the 2nd unit.

If he was a better spot-up shooter, he might work as a starter. But as is, he should be the perfect Sixth Man.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's not very smart. You can't assume a 17 and 9 guy will play at an 8 and 3 level all year. You are clearly not a big picture person at all. Small thinker. Unable to see possibility. You will never be wealthy. I'm sorry. :(

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Here's the problem, I don't think that harden gives a **** what the coach or we want... Soooo he's going to run iso and we're going to like it!!!! Of course sometimes this is at Lawson's expense. Plays or PNR are overrated... just ask Harden ;) Maybe it'll change in another 10 games... Or maybe we'll get a locker room meltdown, whatever.

1 person likes this.
  11. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

He should be backing up Marbury in the CBA.

12. dmoneybangbang

Right now he needs to be the primary ball handler for 20 minutes a game so he can develop chemistry. He needs to focus on penetrating and dishing.

13. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Now people want Bev to start after wanting him gone just 6 months ago

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fantastic post...

1 person likes this.
  15. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Bickerstaff has different goals. He's concerned about how the team performs in the here and now so he can keep his job. Putting Lawson in now so the team can grow some chemistry (while losing) would be detrimental to his career.

The only thing Bickerstaff wants is to get this team to a decent 47-35 so he can keep his job next year.

16. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

5 star thread!

1 person likes this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, Lawson *should* be starting. But until he plays like a starter, he must play from off the bench to get his head out of his ass. It's the best way to work him into the team. Let him watch the game from the bench, and let the coach pick the moments when he can come in and succeed.

Build off of that strategy, one game at a time.

And when Bev comes back, I'd give the starter role back to him, and make Ty yank it away.

18. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

We just need shooters like John Paxson or BJ Armstrong to play along with Hardern.

19. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Quite possibly hit it on the head.

20. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I still want him gone.