1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson, Scottie Pippen or Kelvin Cato

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Feb 10, 2016.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Joking right? Clyde and Hakeem had won already a ring and both were beginning to decline and had nagging ailments by the time Barkley joined.

2. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I honestly forget Barkley played for us. He is the definition of a 'rockets hater'. He has never liked our team.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

The thing about Barkley and anybody that runs their mouth is that they can always be proven wrong. Want to shut them up and show everyone how dumb they are? Prove them wrong. Want to expose Charles as an even bigger dumbass than he's already shown himself to be? Prove the Mf'er wrong.

The Rockets did good by getting to the WCF last season. That was a good step. But then you come out and play like crap this year and everyone rightfully thinks last year was an aberration.

So out of the three players listed, I dislike Pippen the most. And that's because I feel like while he was here on this team he opened up a can of quit.

I don't blame Ty for not playing well here. I don't think he's not giving effort. I don't blame Cato for signing a contract he was offered. That's on the team for making a bad decision. And that is water waaaaay under the bridge now.

So yeah...Pippen.

4. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Pippen, not even close. Ty is just not a good shooter and his confidence is low. Cato was not very skilled over paid, but in all honestly his salary would be about right in todays game.

5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I feel like people shouldn't hate on Lawson. Dude had a serious drinking problem, overcame it, and is now trying to get back on track. Mental illness is no joke. His confidence is totally gone and he is playing tentative. This exposes his weaknesses and diminishes his strengths. He is still an excellent passer but can no longer create the separation he once did on pick and rolls.

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

It would be like hating on Vin Baker for melting down. Alcoholism is too real.

7. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Pippen was douche off the court. Heard on the radio a couple of years back,When he was in houston, a guy who waited on him didn't get a tip and pippen said ur tip was waiting on me n my friends. I have no problem with Charles Barkley because he played as hard as he could when he was with us even though he was nearing the end. Pippen complained and threw people under the bus.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Ty has been a disappointment but perhaps his mind is not in the right place, maybe he is not a good fit, who knows? Pippen, however, was just a jackass.

Pippen by a long mile.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

COREY BREWER

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Pippen obviously.

Cato was annoying because of his contract.

Lawson needs to run an offense to be effective like he did in Denver. That's what he was brought here to do and instead he just defers to Harden and stands in a corner.

There is still hope for Ty if you can find a coach and install an actual offense. That graphic yesterday about how Harden has more ISOs than GS entire team was pretty damn telling to what our problems are.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This is such a stupid thread.

Lawson hate isnt even on the same level as Cato. And Catos hate isnt even on the same planet as quitten.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

OP is known to start the worst threads in the GARM so this is no surprise

Take a break, Jose.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stromile Swift or Royce White....

talking about useless players.... Ty Lawson is likable but borderline useless for this years team

14. rockets13champs

Can we trade ty for mcw he plays d and since we switch alot his height would be great to play defense with when bev is out

15. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

dont give up on lawson

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Pippen obviously... I don't hate a player for lack of ability. I hate for lack of effort... Ask me my thoughts on James Harden...LOL

17. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Pippen for sure - just an awful, awful trade. Did we really HAVE to do that trade???

I must say there are parallels b/w Pippen's time here and Lawson's. Just like Lawson doesn't fit just spotting up, Pippen didn't thrive doing that either while our post guys went to work - Hakeem/Barkley/Willis.

I liked Barkley. But ppl can't idolize Rockets' Barkley and then vilify Harden for being overweight in the same breath.

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

This isn't even close. We can dump Lawson at the end of this season easily

19. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Lawson....
    This guy puts 0 in the box score.(literally)

How many games has Lawson scored 0?
    Too many to ****ing count.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except. Pippen was a max contract.